Please see the manual page 28, 5.3.8 Media components

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by N0XPD, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N0XPD

N0XPD Registered Member

Do I read this correctly that I must install TI on the local machine to have access to this feature? I had been experimenting with using the Rescue Disk to make my backups. I'm looking for a simple solution for backing up family, friends PC's. Of course, they will each buy their own license. It would be nice to not to have to install TI to back them up after I "rebuild" their machines. Especially since TI allows me to create a Rescue Disk ISO, I wish I could choose these options when I create the Rescue Disk.

Please advise,
    thanks!

5.3.8 Media components

The default setting – disabled.

When backing up to removable media, you can make this media bootable by writing to it additional components. Thus, you will not need a separate rescue disk.

Choose the basic components, necessary for boot and restoring data, on the General tab.

The Acronis One-Click Restore is a minimal addition to your rescue media, allowing oneclick data recovery from an image archive, stored on this media. This means that at boot from the media and clicking “restore” all data will be silently restored to the original place. No options or selections like resizing partitions will be possible.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello N0XPD,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that the features you mentioned above are available only when you create an image within Windows.

If you want to use these features, you need to choose Media components in Default Backup options and create the image on the removable media. After that you will have the bootable rescue media and image on the same media.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. N0XPD

N0XPD Registered Member

Are you aware that True Image 9.0 Home simply is a poor product that does not work and is in no way reliable?

1) I downloaded v3666, and surpize, as in other posts, it is v3633
    2) I tried to create a full backup on DVD from within TI (see my original post)
    , it appears I can only do this on CD - I cancel the DVD operation
    3) I try to create the image on CD and it completes disc 1, asks for disc 2, works on disk 2 for a while, asks for disk 1 again, and will not believe me when I put disc 1 in. - I cancel the CD operation

I HAVE NO BACKUP THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. If a "feature" does not work DO NOT INCLUDE IT!

<snip>

edited to remove software plugs - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2006
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello N0XPD,

I'm afraid that the wrong build was uploaded on Acronis web site yesterday. Though it's name contained the correct number (3666), it was in fact build 3633. This problem has already been corrected. The true build 3666 is now available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at our web site. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

First of all, please take a look at this FAQ Article describing Acronis True Image's DVD writing capability in detail.

If you are still unable to save backups to the unformatted DVDs then please do the following:

- Run regedit from Start -> Run

- Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\DebugLogs registry key

If this is the first time when this log is being issued, then the folder DebugLogs has to be created first.

- Add cdrecord value (Type: DWORD; Data: 1)

- Reproduce the problem

- Collect the cdrecord.log file placed the \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\DebugLogs folder.

If you are unable to save backups to the formatted DVDs then please reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

Whatever the case, please also provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- What type and brand of DVD media do you use?

- Do you receive any error, warning or informational messages? What exact messages do you receive? When exactly do you receive them?

- Do you have any third party DVD writing software installed on your computer?

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Please be aware that this is problem is already known (see my post #61 in this previous thread). We recommend that you uncheck the box near the 'Validate backup archive upon it's creation completion' in the Backup Archive Creation Options. You will be able to validate the created backup archive using Validate Backup Archive Wizard later. This issue will be fixed in the future builds of Acronis True Image. I'm afraid that the exact time frame for the fix to be implemented is not decided yet. Please accept our sincere apologies for the current inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.