Please recommend anti virus can run along with Comodo Product

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by southcat, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southcat

southcat Registered Member

Greeting. Yesterday I have purchased KAV 2014, but it is not compatible to Comodo Dragon and Comodo Firewall.

So I have to pick another AV for my desktop and laptop computer, may I asked anyone know that which AV can run along with Comodo Product.

Because Comodo Firewall and HIPS is my favourite security software, so please don't asked me to replace them.

Any opinion is appreciated. Thank you.

2. aztony

aztony Registered Member

Is there something wrong with Comodo's AV? It's been performing fine in recent tests.

3. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Comodo Firewall (i.e. just the firewall not including Comodo AV) can be combined with any AV. I've tried a number of them in the past when I was using Comodo Firewall (with Defense+ enabled) and they all worked okay.

What works well on one system though may not work well on another, so you will need to do your own research, try some, then pick one that works well on your system and meets your requirements. There's a lot of AV related information on Wilders to help you make that decision.

KAV is incompatible with Comodo Internet Security but that shouldn't be a problem if you are only running Comodo Firewall, despite any warning messages from Kaspersky to the contrary. If KAV won't install with Comodo Firewall present then uninstall Comodo Firewall and reinstall it again after KAV has been installed.

As always, make sure the system is properly backed up first, just in case.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  4. stephentony

stephentony Registered Member

If you are talking free I have run Qihoo 360 IS with Comodo for quite a while now and the two are very compatible but also provide top notch protection. As southcat said you can install the Comodo AV component to go with the firewall. Personally, based on my experience experimenting with various free solutions my vote would be with Qihoo. As for paid solutions, my personal preference is running Webroot WSA with the Windows 7 FW. You will be hard pressed to find a combo that is lighter on system resources and boot times are very fast. WSA runs great with Comodo, too! Do not listen to or take much stock in the dime a dozen videos on Youtube that bash WSA for lousy detection. There are not many people who have taken the time to learn how WSA works or if they do understand then they do not trust it's immense capabilities because it does not work like a conventional AV. My second vote for a paid solution would be for Norton. In fact there is a post by bigc73542 for a six month trial right here: http://sharewareonsale.com/s/norton-antivirus-sale

I ran Norton with the Comodo FW for almost 3 years and they make a great combo. Norton's AV is not heavy anymore and regardless of what some think about Norton, it's prevention capabilities are second to none. In fact, WSA and Norton are all about prevention, which IMHO, if you already have a clean PC, is what it's all about. Hope that helps you a bit!

5. LunarWolf

LunarWolf Registered Member

Of course Kaspersky will tell you it is incompatible with other products. Even free Malwarebytes, is "incompatible". Why? Because they are a paid product. How will the user feel if Kaspersky miss and the other free product they installed saved the computer? It will make Kaspersky look bad. Of course, these are just my thoughts. If is me, I will install KAV2104, then install Comodo Firewall. (Just the firewall alone)

Another vote for Qihoo 360 IS. Use the settings below and you are good to go. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2329357&postcount=5

Former KIS 2014 user. Make the switch to Qihoo because KIS 2014 too many bugs even now (Haven't tried patch F. KIS 2014 randomly turn gray and cannot update and initiate a scan, right click scan with Kaspersky is also grayed out. Don't like the fact that their product for busincess is more stable than consumer's. Like they are treating consumers as beta testing.)

Wanted to jump back to avast but technologies are not yet mature. Dyna-gen, Evo-gen. Those technologies are just hype. Also do not like the company's policy on including dropbox (VLK: "That is, good 80% of the users never change a state of a check box, no matter what it says. That's why we have those boxes pre-checked"). avast is getting bloated. First chrome, grime fighter, then dropbox. I know is optional but I do not like that it come as prechecked. Also the company's policy on serving ads in paid products. If free is ok. I know one can customised the instllation but as VLK said "80% of user do not unchecked" is something I cannot take. They should really focus on their dyna-gen, evo-gen intsead of focusing on these useless stuff. It is more of my personal thought about avast. In short, I do not like the way avast is going. That is why for not, I will not install or recommend them.

6. stephentony

stephentony Registered Member

Oh, and the only thing I would add to the configuration of Comodo (thank you LunarWolf for that link) is to turn off website filtering, which is under the FW settings in Comodo FW 7.0. If not turned off it conflicts with the QVM II cloud module in Qihoo 360. Other than that, you are good to go. I can honestly say that the one two punch of Qihoo 360 & Comodo FW has not once failed to neutralize or sandbox every single piece of malware I've thrown at it. If something managed to slip by Qihoo then Comodo took care of the rest. You need to configure Comodo exactly the way cruelsister has outlined in the link LunarWolf provided. Best of all you end up with superior protection at the super great price of zilch! Good luck.:thumb:

7. LunarWolf

LunarWolf Registered Member

Thanks. I actaully disabled the web filtering but I forgot to mentioned it here. Read about it but can't remember where did I read about disabling the web filter.

8. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

just use the whole CIS suite

9. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

I would try CF+Avast.

10. southcat

Thanks for the advise:) , because i don't like to rely all security measure on one software only, i feel a little risky and yes i know Comodo AV is good also.

11. southcat

Thanks for sharing:) ,but KAV 2014 really cannot run with comodo dragon and firewall, i am not the only victim, Before i came here to ask, i went Kaspersky support forum already, their tech support person told me to uninstall all comodo software. From there i see other persons encounter same problem.

Too sad:( . Because KAV 2013 is ok with Comodo, but now i guess is all about market occupancy.

12. southcat

Thanks for the advices

Thanks Joxx also.

13. southcat

Thanks LunarWolf and stephentony i will take a look of Qihoo 360. :)

14. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

+1
    No compatibility probs occuring at all.

15. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

Besides your Suite you can add Sandboxie
    and innumerable browser add-ons

I think it makes more sense than a go along AV
    and is also a more elegant solution,
    but this is only my point of view

16. southcat

Thanks for recommend Sandboxie.:) Actually before Sandboxie takeover by invincea, i have the paid version already, but now i'm not sure i still can trust new Sandboxie.

17. fax

fax Registered Member

18. southcat

19. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

I used to run KIS with WSA Complete...everytime I installed KIS, it would tell me that WSA was incompatible, but just selected "skip" and they worked fine together. That is probably what you are seeing with Comodo FW (someone may have pointed this out already). Good luck!

20. southcat

Thanks, but KAV 2014 can't even start, it cannot skip,they do it extremely.

21. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

I'd go with Avast Antivirus alongside Comodo Firewall.

22. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Wsa, cfw and sandboxie. Great combo.

23. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

CF + 360 IS is a very strong combo.

24. southcat

Thanks for recommend Qihoo 360:) , but I found that its test result at av-comparatives is not so delightful.:eek: Can anyone share the experience on this software.

Also thanks for recommend Avast, I know it is a steady choice also.

WSA is a good choice also, but cloud scanner i am not considering for now because i can't guarantee my laptop is always connecting to internet.

Thanks fellows, you guys are so helpful :D

25. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Qihoo's detection rate has been extremely good. If you are interested I suggest you browse over to Malwaretips, specifically the Virus Exchange forum to see daily testing of various products.

But keep in mind that you are not using Qihoo alone- Comodo Firewall adds a Cloud scanner which more often than not is additive in detection to Qihoo. But the real work is to be done by Comodo's automatic sandbox. From time to time I've run malware samples against the Qihoo-Comodo Firewall paring (at the above mentioned site), the results of said testing are superb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.