Please list Firewall/Anti-Virus apps that allow you to copy & paste: paths/filenames?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by NewsAndHistory, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsAndHistory

NewsAndHistory Registered Member

Thanks in advance to any of you, who might try to help me with this subject.

Do any of you know if Lock N' Stop, Nod32 or any other computer security programs that allow you to copy & paste the filenames or "file paths", which set off the alert-system in any given program like Comodo when you're installing or operating a program?

I asked that because I find it very difficult to save the LONG filenames or paths that show up in each alert-box ("pop-up alert-messages") at the bottom corners of my screen when I'm installing or launching a new program.

I like to save all of the names of the files that set-off my alert-system, but Comodo Firewall doesn't allow me to simply copy & paste filenames like WinPatrol does.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  2. NewsAndHistory

NewsAndHistory Registered Member

Is there any better firewalls than Sygate Personal Firewall PRO? I need a firewall, which blocks pop-ups & doesn't slow down a laptop with Windows XP on it.

Advanced thanks for your help!

3. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Well if all you are worried about is pop ups they can be managed via your browser settings.

To get into FW choices for you is not possible until you become much clearer about what you want YOUR FW to do. There are 1000's of posts on WSF about FW's and the stickies at the top of this other FW forum are a good place to start.

Good luck.

PS: If you haven't the time to do this work do 1 thing, install a good router even if you have only 1 PC on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.