please help

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by turco1234, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turco1234

turco1234 Registered Member

installed paragon ntfs and was able to read and write on ntfs formatted usb drive. Attempted to format a new usb drive as ntfs using disk utility and windows machines will not recognize the drive and ask me to reformat it as a partition. please help this is an emergency, only a few hours to fix this problem. anything at all would be appreciated.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

does it have to be ntfs? Can you just format the usb from within Mac as Ms-dos and then use on Win?

3. turco1234

yes ntfs i think i formatted it as guid instead of mbr how can i fix that?

4. turco1234

not for anything but this program is a joke. it has been randomly selecting which drives it is going to read. one second it reads an ntfs and i can write to it. i plug it it in a windows machine and it cant even read the files. plug it back into my mac and it doesn't even recognize it. why is this even available if you have bugs like that in it?

5. turco1234

well not it is reading and writing on other ntfs drives but the one that i was having the original problems with is still not being recognized on finder although it is on disk utility. any help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.