Please Help Me!!!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by lillyjames, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lillyjames

lillyjames Registered Member

Eset has not had any new updates since the 22nd. Its not my computer as I have also checked with their website on latest updates. Still at 7242. I have the latest updated version of it too 5.2 Please help. Now my windows security is messed up too. I have NO viruses my computer is CLEAN this is an ESET issue. What is going on with ESET??

One again its not my computer as I've also checked their site for latest updates.

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

3. lillyjames

thank you but now my icon since updating to 5.2 is green. not blue. Please help me. I'm in tears over this. why hasn't eset updated? at their website too? I clicked on the link you gave and it has the same questions. no answers. I can't even read thru my tears.

4. lillyjames

ESET 5.2 now won't allow windows to update - i have to manually allow that windows site and have no idea how. I never had this problem with Norton. Now I can't use my computer.

5. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello again !
    There haven't been any new update from Eset since : Update 7242 (20120622).
    And regarding Windows Update see this thread : https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=326669 (Or disable Https from protocol filtering temporary, in advanced setup ,to update Windows)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  6. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

I'd relax a little if I was you, being in tears over eset not updating?

7. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Follow Janus's advice.
    -setup
    -enter adv. setup
    -web & email
    -web access & antiphishing protection
    -http, https
    -check "Do NOT use HTTPS protection checking"
    Now your Windows Update should be ok.
    Cheers :D

8. lillyjames

hi
    thanks for the advice. Yes i was in tears over not updating as I work from home off my computer. with no safe internet access, i can't work. sorry for overreaction.

as far as the last post goes, thank you - i tried that and the set up asks for my password which no longer works. i've tried and tried and eset won't allow me access to my own security.

in a desperate attempt to get help, i googled eset support number and called 877 540-0107. they needed remote access. i felt uncomfortable after about ten minutes or so and had him log out of my computer. this was a company that supports eset and not eset. now i'm really scared. was this number okay? or are they crooked.

now i have two problems. :( i'm sorry if i seem overreact. but now i can't update AND i let someone "in". the number seemed okay.

9. Janus

Janus Registered Member

10. lillyjames

thank you. I just did a system restore and eset went back to 5.0 from 5.2 and i updated all my windows and eset from there. i'll call eset tomorrow and do the 5.2 with them on the line so i can fix password issues and updating to 5.2 issues. my only conern was giving someone remote access to my computer in an attempt to get tech support. i hope system restore ALSO solved that. still i feel scared and paranoid about it. it was only about 10 minutes, i felt uneasy and then told him i wanted to stop the operation and did. o_O

11. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

im sure you are fine if it was someone from eset who did the remote session. is it updating okay now?

12. lillyjames

it is updating fine now because i did a system restore. I just went back to 5.0. the person wasn't from eset - when you google "eset support" a third party site comes up right at the top of the page (i don't want to post their name because then google will crawl it and this post will show up in results). i mistakingly went thru them. I'm "clean" now though. i'm going back to Norton next year. its because of my troubles with eset, i was in that situation in the first place. with norton, i was always free and clear. thank you for asking.

and i also did a full scan, about ten of them one including malwarebytes.com full and mini. after system restore.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.