Please help me to select my final security software

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by fce, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fce

fce Registered Member

so if its working with you guys (KIS7+FDISR) any idea why HorizonDataSysInc. issue this statement staright from their website?

I like FDISR works (specially when i read Erik? post re: FDISR) so I might prioritize it in my security software....FDISR+Router Firewal+Window Firewall+(NOD32 or KAV7)

Is FirstDefense-ISR compatible with my anti-virus software?
    FirstDefense-ISR is fully compatible with most modern anti-virus applications.

We have found that Kaspersky Labs Anti-Virus adds a data attribute to the user's source files. This modification of the user's source files is against our integrity checks and thus Kaspersky Labs Anti-virus should not be installed for FirstDefense-ISR to fully protect your system. We have notified Kaspersky Labs, since any application performing file integrity checks may cause problems.

2. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Don't know, maybe it was for the previous version.
    Never saw that warning and installed KIS 6 and afterwards KIS 7.
    No problems for me here. :)

3. captkirk

captkirk Registered Member

I have to say, I was using KIS 7. I Really think it's a great product. In fact I have a two year subscription. But the iSwift, iChecker thing has troubled me to the point of removing KIS (and of course used the KLStreamrevmover tool).

Now I'm not saying KIS had anything to do with it but, the 3.9GB of free space on my hard drive inexplicably went down to .9GB after 3 weeks.

I've been on the KAV forum, but there is no admission that their product eats up HD space. But they do admit a conflict with CHKDSK.

So for now, until the Kaspersky resolves the iSwift iChecker issues, I would stay away.

I know I can uncheck this technology but from what I've read, it doesn't actually disable it. From what I understand, one has to go and do a regedit, but I'm not going to do that.

Just my 2 cents.

4. light50

light50 Registered Member

i think its the log files that ate up your hd space. Probably your pdm is logging every event that is happening

5. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Hello, from what I know this tool was only for version 5 and 6. It doesn't work with version 7.0

6. captkirk

captkirk Registered Member

Yes I agree, but I couldn't seem to find any proof. I had all of the iSwift and iChecker unchecked, but it didn't seem to matter since it apparently is the default. After all, it's 'assumed' that you would love this technology since it cuts down your initial scan time by half or more. Who wouldn't want that?

But at what cost?

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

but if its common then the big businesses who use kaspersky would of complained about it.
    and kaspersky should of been able to reproduce it by now.
    lodore

8. fce

fce Registered Member

First Defense ISR set-up:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1061303#post1061303

Since i include FD-ISR as part of my security software (though FDISR is not security software), i dump KAV since there's compatability issue with FD-ISR.

99% this would be my final security software --> NOD32+Vista Firewall+Router Firewall+FDI-ISR.

unless its not advisable to run Vista Firewall with my (Netgear) Router Firewall....i might drop Vista Firewall.

goodluck to us dude!

9. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yep, a nice and very similar package to what i use myself.

DrWeb+Vista Firewall+Router Firewall+RollbackRX Pro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.