Please help me recover my files :(

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by allexif, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allexif

allexif Registered Member

Hello!
    I really need your help!!!!!

I have a HDD 500GB with 2 partitions. One partition of 60GB with Windows 7 on it and one with my life on it. I was stupid and tried to make another partition inside the Windows 7's one using Paragon partition manager. It asked me to reboot, it started to do something, and I changed my mind and interrupted it at the "moving partition" step. They warned me that if I interrupt then it may be some data loss. After I interrupted it I restarted and the chkdsk started to run showing something like "Recovering orphaned files" then something with "index" then something like "Replacing invalid security id with default security id". Now all the folders on my partition with "my life" on it have some "small locks" on them and I can't access most of my files. The files are there but are corrupted or something.

If someone can help me please I'm begging you :(. I know I made a very big mistake.

Thank you very much in advance!

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Perhaps a Microsoft Professional at Microsoft Answers would be better equipped to recover your data.

3. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Like siljaline posted, get some professional help at a more specialized forum.
    Read up to understand that "The lock (padlock) overlay icon appears for files/folders which are private, but located under a non-private directory.". link link.
    I don't think your files are necessarily corrupted, instead probably salvageable.
    But indeed ask a Microsoft Professional for help and don't try to fix this yourself if you're not sure how to.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Also: DO NOTHING WITH THAT DRIVE. If you do anything with it you will drastically reduce your chances.

Also although it won't help you know, you need to make learning about imaging for the future.

Pete

5. tgell

tgell Registered Member

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Let's continue the discussion in the Paragon thread, if need be. Thanks tgell!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.