Please Help Me Out

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Unhappy User, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

I still dont know if you ran the cleanrun.reg o_O

2. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:D can i run it im on win me lol

i like new toys or would ithurt my pc since thers nothing wrong with it

3. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hey Mr. Blaze,

The cleanrun.reg script is meant only to restore the proper values for three registry keys (that is, set the system to only execute the file double-clicked or envoked from the command-line rather than that file in addition to whatever trojan modified those keys. So there is no point of running it unless you have a similar infestation on your system :eek:

:)

4. Unhappy User

Unhappy User Guest

Ok, i'm back. I want to know more about that reg cleaning thing. Is it absolutely safe to run? I've installed some important stuff that I don't want to lose if I system restore.

5. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

It's safe
    Dolf

6. Unhappy User

Unhappy User Guest

I ran the cleanrun.reg, but after i scanned again, tds found the same registry entries. Do i need to restart?

7. Dan Perez

HI ,

The cleanreg script returns three regkeys back to normal but does not address the reg traces that TDS finds, you should delete them from TDS (if they have that as an option) or manually. [ I'm sorry I can't guide you specifically as I have never had a live trojan on my system thanks to TDS ]. The purpose of the cleanreg script was to alleviate the problem you had the first time around when the trojan registry traces (as shown revealed in TDS) were removed (i.e. it was to address the problem you had running other files after that bootup)

HTH,

Dan

8. Unhappy User

Unhappy User Guest

could you re-prase that, i dont understand. Do you want me to delete the traces or do something else completely?

9. Dan Perez

Oh, sorry!

What I meant was once you scan with TDS and see the reg traces shown, try rightclicking on the entries to see if it allows you to remove them that way. If that is an option do it and then reboot. If that is not an option, note the registry values and use regedit to remove the respective entries (if you are removing them manually you should consider backing up the registry before doing so)

HTH,

Dan

10. Unhappy User

Unhappy User Guest

Ok, I get it. But I'll do it tomorrow. One thing, i stopped winupdate and deleted the keylogger, but then when i restarted the computer, winupdate didnt run.

11. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Make sure the entries are being deleted.. Open Autostart Explorer and delete them manually, then refresh it after a few seconds and make sure they are GONE. Hopefully they get deleted correctly then..

After running cleanrun.reg you should now be able to run all your EXE files again ? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.