Please Help Me ! ! ! Im New ! ! !

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by cleverboy123, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    Several suggestions:
    1) From Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: DON'T PANIC.
    2) A site I'm registered too, they handle HijackThis logs. www.spywarewarrior.com/index.php. Access the forum room called malware removal or hijackthis logs and post your log there. An expert will guide you step by step.
    3) Sometimes, it's possible to access sites using Start > Run then IP of the sites you want to access or its name. The fact you cannot access some sites it's because your hosts file redirects you.
    4) If you still wanna do things alone:
    Try to run online anti-virus scanners.
    Try to download anti-trojan and anti-spyware applications and run full scans in normal and safe mode.
    I suggest you go with experts' help. If you need links, ask please.
    Cheers,
    Mrk

2. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

Heya blackspear, I thought he had already had advice to delete :D

3. tis-me

tis-me Registered Member

was just looking throught this site i am new to forums .this seems to be a very friendly and helpfull group of people from what i have read . i am very pleased i joined

4. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

Hello Tis-me, and welcome to wilders. They are indeed a friendly bunch here.

Perhaps the only downside is that wilders no longer support HijackThis logs.

5. cleverboy123

cleverboy123 Registered Member

Well thanks for all your suggestions but i dont think that its possible foor even a technition expert to do so does anyone have any ideas if reformatting would get rid of it ?

If so is it safe to reformat ? :cool: :cool:

6. culla

culla Guest

http://everythingisnt.com/hosts.html#faq use this host file

and chose only one antivirus software it looks like your running to many and they maybe conflicting

if you know what your doing and don't have to much to lose a clean reformat is the best but otherwise your in for a long cleanup procedure you've probably got antivirusgold/spysherrif virus which is a bastard to get rid of see here http://forums.techguy.org/

goodluck

7. cleverboy12

cleverboy12 Guest

how do i perform a clean format may i ask ? ? o_O ? ? ? ? ?? ?

8. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

Cleverboy, if I remember right, when you reinstall windows XP it automatically formats your harddrive.

Have you thought about how you became infected in the first place ?

If you do decide to reformatt, don't forget to take some preventative measures, such as :

Hardenning your IE settings (or switching to Mozilla Firefox)
    SpywareBlaster (both IE and Firefox)
    IE-SPYAD (if you stick with IE)
    Hosts file (both IE and Firefox)

Using a limited user account (instead of an administrator account) on your computer can also help. This is certainly safer, but also a bit more of a hassle if you like changing settings on your computer a bit.

CWS infections are almost always driveby downloads that can mainly be prevented via IE hardenning or using Firefox. There's also some good programs out there that can help prevent such infections through differing methods. Some are :

Process Guard
    Online Armour
    ShadowUser or DeepFreeze
    Prevx
    Shadowsurfer
    Surfinguard Pro (I think that's its name, from Finjan)

I'm sure there's others, but that's all I can think of at the moment. Sorry, I'd normally include links, but my last computer blew up, so I'm slowly getting all my links back together again.

9. cleverboy12

cleverboy12 Guest

thanks i tried it but it keeps coming back !

10. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

eww...well next thing I remember is there was a quick format and a long format choice when installing windows. Not sure what the difference is, apart from length in time (and sorry can't tell you which choice it was. I've reinstalled windows twice, there were two options, and one takes longer to format than the other).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.