Please explain

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rod Williams, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rod Williams

Rod Williams Registered Member

I really don't undestand. When I bought this software every indication was that it will restore to a new hard drive if the main drive failed. There was no indication that it might not boot because of the MRB not being copied, if I only image one partition. Now I hear over and over that Acronis can't guarantee that it will boot. I thought that was the whole purpose. To be able to restore the hard drive. This is very upsetting.
    My question now is, if I do a complete drive image can I do incremental backups to individual partions and still be able to restore to another drive and have it boot, since it started as a full drive backup?

Please, someone respond to this. I have posted a couple times with questions with no response.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Hi Rod,

You are worrying about important questions. What you said was the you would make a full system backup of the entire hard drive - all partitions, and if you had to do a restore, you would restore that backup of all the partitions. At that point, you will have a bootable system.

Restoring the incrementals shouldn't change anything having to do with the system being bootable since the MBR, partition information and Boot.ini won't be changed. So, you will be in excellent shape.

You have focused on the key point of making a full backup of the entire hard disk before making incrementals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.