Please confirm or otherwise

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by sandgroper, Dec 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandgroper

sandgroper Registered Member

Would appreciate advice as to whether or not I am using these programmes correctly.

Spyware Blaster - only needs to be run once, then updated regularly.

Browser Hijack Blaster - must be in systray to be working

MRU - can be added to Windows Task Scheduler so it can be run when required.

Thanks, and congratulations on a great set of programmes.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

You're using all the programs correctly. :cool: (I should note: MRU-Blaster has its own scheduler which can run MRU-Blaster at time intervals in its silent clean mode. You can also do the MRU-Blaster silent clean by adding the -silent parameter onto any MRU-Blaster shortcut).

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. sandgroper

sandgroper Registered Member

Thank you, javacool, for very prompt reply.

If I click on the Scheduler, it appears in the systray, if I then open it and set a time interval for scanning, do I keep it in the systray or do I exit? In other words, does it have to be in the systray (like the Browser Hijacker) in order to be functioning?

I don't really understand the function of the 'silent clean' mode or how to use it. Isn't the Scheduler already operating in silent clean mode?

I know it is working as I have '0' items detected but I do like to know HOW it is working.

Thank you for your patience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.