Please can you help me? (Backup on tape)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sgbosco, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgbosco

sgbosco Registered Member

I just buy a license of acronis true image server and workstation.
    I have a server HP Proliant ML350 with a scsi tape HP ultrium 448i
    and TapeWare.
    This server has 6 hard drive from 72GB (first 2 in raid 1 with operating system win2003 sp1 unit C - and last 4 in raid 5 with sql server and more.. unit D)
    I install the acronis true image server on C. I don't want to create the secure zone because if the 2 disks are faulty the secure zone is inaccesible.
    I instead would like to put the image on tape, and restore from it with the boot media right?
    But my tape drive does not recognised.
    Why?
    What shall I do?
    What advice can you give me to best implement the disaster recovery with my enviroment?
    Please can you help me?

Thanks
    Roberto

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Your other 2 identical posts have been removed; as will any further duplicates. Please refrain from re-posting the same thing as it can lead to nothing but confusion.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Roberto,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify whether your tape drive is not available within Windows or when you boot your server to the rescue mode?

Please describe all actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. sgbosco

sgbosco Registered Member

Thanks for your replay.
    First thing, I've download and installed the build 3633 of true image server from acronis.com
    The tape is not avaiable when I choose the backup archive location.
    The tape is avaiable on Windows Device Manager only (HP LTO Ultium-2 drive).
    I buy the true image server in Italy from acronis.de so few day ago I contacted the .de support at +49 1805 578825, after on this forum I don't obtain an answer.
    Tecnical .de support assign me this ticket Acronis #612282.
    I sent to .de support the acronis reports and they have replay to me so:
    "we have contacted the Software Engineers. Please be patience, we will contact you as soon as we have a solution."
    I see now there is a build 3641 on .de and 3666 on .com
    I belive that build on .de are only in german language right?
    So if I install 3666 build can I solve my problem?
    To install a new build, must I uninstall the previus build? or not?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sgbosco,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The latest build of German version of Acronis True Image is 3641 and the latest build of English one is 3666.

Please download and install the latest build (3666) of Acronis True Image which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3666.

If the problem still persists, please contact our Support Engineer once again and provide him with the information about your results.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.