Plasma 5.13 – Amazing Tux, How Sweet Plasma

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, May 26, 2018.

1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Plasma me, Plasma you, aha, there was something we could Tux. My latest OCS-Mag article reviews, raves, gushes, observes, inspects, and criticizes the latest Plasma release, 5.13, focusing on look & feel, papercut fixes, better media and browser integration, system settings, fonts, KDE Connect, dashboard, konsole changes, login and lock screens, performance, some problems, and much more. Separate tests of both a live distro and installed, upgraded KDE neon. Take a look.

http://www.ocsmag.com/2018/05/26/plasma-5-13-amazing-tux-how-sweet-plasma/

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

hehe

thanks.

3. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

Sometime after Plasma 5.5.5, the developers eliminated the ability for the user to "mix and match" visual elements from different themes under Desktop Theme in the System Settings. (Via the UI, at least.) This feature was highly valuable in my transition from Windows to Linux (Kubuntu), as I was able to cobble together a theme where I liked almost everything and not just some things.

Have they brought back this level of customizability in the new Plasma? Nowadays, it looks like you have to take a whole theme as a package deal, take it or leave it, including the tinny speakers and the vomit green upholstery along with the ruby red exterior and the 450HP engine that you like.

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

I can't tell you yet - need to have the kirigami fix in place, then I'll check.
    Mrk

5. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

Thank you! Looking forward to it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.