Plants won't grow near Wi-Fi routers, experiment finds

Discussion in 'hardware' started by FreddyFreeloader, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nosirrah

nosirrah Malware Fighter

I think this is where a lot of this nonsense comes from. You get an X-ray and what do they do? They cover your "parts" with shielding to prevent potential birth defects. What is the reaction of those that don't understand? "OMG, EM can mutate your DNA!!!!!!!"

Most people don't even understand that "radiation" can be particles or waves, particles being far more dangerous. Your microwave, power cords and routers are not ripping your DNA apart with alpha and beta particles.

Most people also do not understand that the static you hear between radio stations is radiation from space that you are bombarded with every moment of your life.

2. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

If EM radiation from phones and wireless equipment does prove to be harmful to people, plants, or other life, it's very unlikely that the public would be told. Such results would step on too many toes and would be a major financial blow to most communications and electronics industries, not to mention government surveillance. Right or wrong, one doesn't have to look any farther than global warming studies, to see what kind of course this would take. Both government and big money have no problem with covering up data that conflicts with their agendas or with creating false data.

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

What government? Don't assume conspiracy with what can be explained by pure ignorance.
    Mrk

4. nosirrah

nosirrah Malware Fighter

People that have nothing to do with the government or any business that profits of EMF producing devices are perfectly capable of testing this and I am sure that they have. If there was a major problem we would have more than unreproducible pseudoscience and snake oil devices to show for it.

The crap the we eat knowing full well that it is killing us and lifestyles that we know are speeding up the process are a MUCH bigger problem.

People are predictable though. Tell them very real danger they are in and the changes they can make to fix it and they ignore you. Tell them that the government is hiding the truth about EMF from them and they spend hundreds of $ on devices that obviously cant do what the claim because they don't actually need to change their lifestyle at all.

5. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

That's the hard truth, and the core of the issue.

6. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

The fact is, that EMF causes changes in brain, the question is, if it harmful or not, so it is recommended to use a handsfree and keep it away from children. Anyway, phone companies are slowly adding to their terms, that you should keep a phone about an inch from your body, an iPhone states 15 mm (5/8 inch) and BlackBerry 25 mm (0.98 inch).

By the way, sometimes comments are more informative than an article:

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

8. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

First off, NaturalNews has & does provide some Excellent articles & links etc. Sure they are also selling stuff & getting ad revenue etc, but that doesn't make them bad. At least they are often a convenient source of good info etc, that most mainstream media ignores.

Those female students from Denmark, whose science experiment revealed that wireless radiation is equally as devastating to plants, did us a service by doing & publishing it. Also it's not the first time i've heard about such damage !

That SafeSpace gadget is a Very expensive piece of CRUD. Their www is full of techno babble, as others have noted, as does NOT explain a thing about how it's "supposed" to Actually work. Of course they can't do that, as because it Can't possibly work ! They should be shutdown ASAP.

9. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

as do mine lol. i have 2 on my desk right next to the router. growing just fine.

10. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

I'm a bit skeptical of this research project. There are several unknown factors that would need to be answered:

We don't know what the condition is of the source plant that provided these seeds.
    Let's face it manufactures and suppliers are not perfect. How often have you received a faulty product or purchased produce that shouldn't have reached market? This is surprisingly common and a lot of work goes into catching these mistakes. If you haven't seen these problems, you can probably thank a good quality control program and your local stock boy/girl for catching it.

We don't know what the condition is for these seeds during transport and storage by the supplier.
    Believe it or not, many stores neglect temperature control when transporitng and storing various products. A good example of this would be active yeast. We just recently became aware of this in my house hold thanks to my sister. She just completed the culinary program and small changes in where we shop and how we store yeast made a huge difference. Similarly, during the years my father drove truck. It wasn't uncommon for stores like Walmart to store clothing, including socks and underwear in hot, non-temperature controlled storage. When the latex would wear, they returned it to the supplier as defective product and stuck those companies with the expense. This is common for unsold merchandise.

We don't know what the conditions were for these seeds from start to finish during the project.
    In my experience, students often cut corners and improvise when they make mistakes. This almost always results in fudged results and/or project failure. Let's presume they didn't do any of this. Even though most problems point to human error and/or incompetence.

We don't know what external factors may have contributed to the failure of this project.
    I can think of quite a few environmental factors and other external agents that could affect a classroom project like this. For example, what happens when the janitorial staff comes into the classroom during non-school operating hours? Quite a few schools in my area have adopted portable UV generators, wipe floors and surfaces with harsh chemicals, and I even caught the janitor at our community college spraying air fresher and a couple other non-approved agents because of fowl odors and a skin sensitivity issue with the schools approved product.

I'd certainly like to see this experiment performed on a larger, more diverse sample population with proper environmental controls. Otherwise, there really is not point in jumping to hasty generalizations and other premature assumptions. I'm sure there are probably several other factors that should be considered that have yet to be mentioned. For example, sabotage by someone biased towards the use of modern electronics. I've had instructors in the past that would jump at any chance to get students to stop using computers, phones, and even gameboys way back when. Young minds are surprisingly easy to manipulate, I mean shape.

11. ssbtech

ssbtech Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.