Pirate Movie Domains Siezed By ICE

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Searching_ _ _, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Actually it was a multi-agency joint effort.

http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/2010/06/feds_hollywood_seize_movie_pir.php

I'm not too sure how the Food and Drug Administration played a role in this, but O.K.
    Edit: I forgot that the FDA is there to protect the Industry of food and drugs, not the consumer. Still not sure how they tie in to pirated movies.

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

It could be anything really. At first glance, the Navy and Army wouldn't make a bit of sense either until you start thinking about the downloading of pirated films going on at bases across the country and the world as well (yes, it happens, military personnel generally have access to the same internet as civilians).

Also, by bringing in these entities, intelligence tools are more readily available to gather the data requested. What should, to be very frank, piss us off, is the use of military and other government agencies time and money to fight Hollywoods' battle. The film and music industry executives know how to fix these issues, they just refuse to, and, they're blaming everyone but themselves for losing money.

Ad-supported online film watching and music services is a great way to get out of this mess (along with actually putting some effort into movies and music). I propose a service that includes ads, and, if you use an ad-blocker, you don't get access. Yes, we here at Wilders know that ads themselves can cause problems, but it's simply a start.

In the meantime, let them close down domains, and revel in their "victory". Until Google bans torrent websites, P2P forums, warez and other things from their search results, and until the Internet is on a world-wide "lockdown", no one will ever stop it...ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.