Pioneer DVR-105 bootable CD Burn Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by The Saint, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Saint

The Saint Registered Member

Sorry - I'm sure that this is probably an old chesnut but I am trying out the trail copy of Acronis True Image 9 on my set up. I have successfully backed up my C: drive partition to an external hard disc but have been unable to burn a bootable cd on either my internal Pioneer DVR 105 or my external DVR 109 - program reporting burn errors on both. Have tried the burns in Windows XP in both standard and safe modes.

Would welcome any help you could give me on this

2. The Saint

Anyone?

3. noonie

noonie Registered Member

Just for fun, try booting from the disk you burned. It may have been a false error report.

4. Wizardone

Wizardone Guest

Same thing with Pioneer DVR-106D. I have tried all suggested solutions and none work. It does not really even try to burn the CD. It simply checks a couple of times to see if it is there and then the error. I have never installed Roxio so that is not the issue. I do have Nero installed, version 7.

5. The Saint

Noonie. Like Wizardone's experience, I find that nothing is actually burned to the disc. I use Nero 6 as this seems to be the only burning software that works reliably with the Pioneers. I haven't tried Roxio but would be willing to give it ago if I could find a trial copy.

6. noonie

noonie Registered Member

Download a free prog called Deepburner. Make sure your drives firmware is updated.
    Try burning some other data files and see if the prog and burner work with your cd's properly.

I don't use v9, but it should write just the boot cd without extra software.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello The Saint and Wizardone,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2302) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If you use the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 then just re-download it from our web site. It will be build 2302.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (2302) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please try to use next tips in order to solve this problem:

- Eject any disc from the burner prior to starting the application;

- Proceed until the program asks for a disc and open the tray;

- Insert a disc and then click the OK button to close the tray.

If that doesn't help then I would also recommend you to update your CD\DVD drive firmware as well as third party CD writing software if any to the latest version available for free on its respective web site.

Please also note that you should use a blank unformatted CD-R or CD-RW in order to create a bootable rescue disc.

If nothing of the above helps then please also try to create Bootable Rescue CD in Windows Safe Mode.

If the problem still persists then please collect the following information:

- Create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Make a screen shot or provide the exact text of the error message that you receive when trying to create Bootable Rescue CD;

- When exactly you receive that error message?

- Provide the exact vendor and model of your CD\DVD drive(s);

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please also do the following:

- Start command prompt;

- Go to \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\CDRecord folder;

- Run "cdrecord –scanbus > scanbus.txt" command and collect the scanbus.txt file.

Submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

P.S. noonie's last post is quite correct, since Acronis True Image 9.0 has it's own CD-recording module and thus it is not required to have any third-party CD writing software installed to be able to create Bootable Rescue CD.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  8. The Saint

Alexey, thanks for the steer. Went out an bought some unformatted CD-RW discs and tried one as suggested. The disc seem to burn without error messages - hope to try out a restore in the next couple of days to test it out. Will let you know what happens.

Thanks again for your assistance.

9. Jonathan7007

Jonathan7007 Registered Member

Saint, please post what success you had with CD-RW.

I have been trying to create a boot CD-R in my Plextor PX708A DVD/CD burner, using the multi-step wizard in TI-8. No luck, and as described here, the program didn't even TRY to burn the CD. The error message was immediate.

I tried changing the sequence of when the CD went into the burner but that didn't help.I tried a different platter. No luck. I know this drive burns CDs. I have Roxio 7.5 installed but I turned off the WinXP process that allows "Drag-to-Disk" after I got my first error message.

Another Question:
    I felt more comfortable creating the boot CD before trying my first drive image. Perhaps I can skip this step... or do most of you reading this feel that I MUST have that boot CD done before starting the imaging?

Jonathan

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify whether you have tried all workarounds mentioned above to create Acronis True Image bootable CD?
    If so, please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support containing the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread.

Please note that you can create Acronis True Image bootable CD at any time you prefer.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.