Picasa2 2.00 Build 1884 19-2-05

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

2. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Hey Nick,

That's a pretty impressive avatar you have there!

I'm in the process of picking out an ap to manage my graphics files. It took a while for it to click that they would be at least potentially great tools.

First of all, a large percentage of the photos I have are .psd or some other format that XP won't display. I know this problem is addressed.

The second big problem is the caching of thumbnails. If you move images around from file the file the thumbs.db will just grow and grow because they never subtract, they only add to their thumbnail cache. Do you know if anyone has addressed that issue?

- HandsOff

3. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Hi HandsOff :)
    Thank you for your compliments on my avatar which i may add was designed by the very talented Graphic Artist Uguel. Now as for your query regarding the caching of thumbnails you may care to have a look at this article which may be suitable for you

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article03-204

Regards

4. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Now if only my dragon flies would sparkle!

I think when they said:

Choose the View tab, and turn off the Do not cache thumbnails option.

The must have meant turn ON ....

It's no big deal if it stores thumbs.db in a folder that either never changes content, or doesn have much in it. If you have dozens of files with over 50 images and they are constantly shuffled its a little wastefull. I don't know what the biggest thumbs.db i've had is, but I just deleted one almost 7 MB in size.

- HandsOff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.