Phantom's rule V 5.0

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Maged, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maged

Maged Guest

Hi
    I am really sorry for being dumb when i have 2 speak about Networking coz there is much i need to read about to fix things myself so let me ask for now these questions if anybody don't mind answer it:

1. I downloaded Phantom's rules V5.0 and as he said on "http://www.wilderssecurity.info/Phant0m.shtml", i have to activate 3 rules: DNS-Allowed-1, BOOTP / DHCP and BOOTP / DHCP so i am really confused for why the last 2 rules he said are identical this way in their names and what do i do with them if i am not an XDSL or cable user o_O (i am just a dialup user)

2. What do i do if i said that: The Primary DNS and secondary DNS are not important to be configured regarding my own ISPo_O

Networking is such a sophisticated issue to talk about really :oops:

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey Maged

Don’t be sorry to feel the need to ask questions whenever you like!

In response to Question 1; There are indications on the page to indicate not to continue forth with the “BOOTP / DHCP” & “BOOTP / DHCP.” Rule configuring&activations if you are Dial-up user...

All the rules required configuring requires activation, meaning the rules are disabled by Default. Now you being Dial-up user you can “delete” those two “BOOTP / DHCP*” rules which might I add aren’t using the exact rule-name, you may look closely to see mismatch in the rule-names. Also there are two other rules listed on the page “BOOTP / DHCP..” & “BOOTP / DHCP…” that can be deleted also…

And in response to the Question 2; I would say that’s very unlikely as DNS is used by every Internet ready Computer to resolve Addresses... You can easily verify for yourself by disabling the DNS rule and attempt to surf to new sites you’ve not visited before, you’ll notice Connection failures… ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.