PGP NetShare

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by roly ollie, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roly ollie

roly ollie Registered Member

I was using PGP WDE Desktop and had no problems backing up with Acronis True Image Home 11, build 8101.

I recently added a NAS and PGP Enterprise NetShare (9.9.1, build 287). I scheduled the backup task and was able to run it until last week. Now, the task will start, I can see it accessing and backing up the files, but midway through a message pops up that the instruction could not be read and the operation was terminated. This is not the same as an access denied message, where PGP is not allowing Acronis to access the encrypted data. Instead, the backup begins and then terminates.

I ran the backup several times and the termination point is never the same (once it was almost through the entire backup). If I decrypt the folder, the backup runs without a problem.

2. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

Roly Ollie, while I can't address the specific issue you are encountering, I can share my own experience. I use ShadowProtect Desktop 3.3 to create image backups containing folders protected by PGP NetShare (PGP Desktop 9.9.1) on Windows Vista SP1, and have never had a problem. Interestingly, even when I mount a backup image as a virtual volume, PGP NetShare automatically recognizes the encrypted folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.