Pgaccount Does Not Start under Certain Circumstances

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by octogen, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. octogen

octogen Registered Member

I know there has been a thread discussing the issue of pgaccount not starting, but I think I may have a variation of it. When the computer is first started or rebooted and I go into the account with admin privileges pgacconut starts up fine. After I log off, the computer has beeen idle for a few hours and I try to log on to the admin account, I get the message that pgaccount is not running. In order to get it running again I have to reboot then of course after a few hours of idling I get the message again. I have checked the registry according to the previous thread and found that pgaccount is in every place it should be. I have KAV 5.0.388, RegDefend, LookNStop and Winpatrol also running in the background. Could Winpatrol be interfering with it? If so, what can I do to prevent this short of uninstalling Winpatrol? Thanks in advance.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi octogen, At one time I remember having anomalies after leaving the PC for a while and found that adding my screensaver .scr file to the protection list with the default flags cured the problem.
    I am not familiar with all your security apps but I do know that underlying resident programs may kick in when your pc is idle for a time, a classic one is windows defrag, not sure if any of these could somehow disable pgaccount but it is worth investigating.

HTH Pilli :)

3. octogen

Thanks for the quick reply, Pilli. This forum (Wilders Security) has got to be one the best forums around. Anyway, I beleive that Winpatrol may have been the culprit. In my previous post I forgot to mention that I could not even start pgaccount manually once the message popped up, but I had to reboot in order to get it working again. This is what led me to believe that Winpatrol might have been preventing something. In Process Guard I unchecked the box where it allowed Winpatrol to install global hooks. Ever since doing that I haven't received the message, even after logging on the following day. Thanks again for the tip. Process Guard truly is a top notch application.

4. octogen

Apparently I was wrong about Winpatrol. :( I eventually got the message so I did what Pilli suggested. That seemed to have cured it. Thanks again, Pilli. I should have followed your expertise in the first place.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.