PG3 & TDS 3

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Whynot, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whynot

Whynot Registered Member

I seem to have a problem trying to run TDS3 at startup as well as PG3.TDS refuses to run automatically at start up. Any ideas guys ?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Whynot and welcome, Please remove the autostart from TDS3 as the startup scans can interfere with other programs in XP. Start manually or by schedule after everything else has loaded.

HTH Pill

3. Whynot

Whynot Registered Member

Thanks Pilli, however it used to work AOK before PG3 beta (& full) were installed.

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Yes the XP start up gets more tempremental the more apps that are started.
    ProcesGuuard is more important from the system point of view, TDS3 can be loaded after with no problems.
    If you must have TDS3 on autostart immediately then disable some of the start up scans to see which might be causing the problem.

HTH Pilli :)

5. Whynot

Whynot Registered Member

I followed your advice. Unchecked all the options under Startup Scanning options - and the three that are causing my system problems are both the Memory Scans and the Registry & FileTrace scan. At one point even the three finger salute couldn't help me - so it was a quick reset. Interestingly, before TDS initialised I hit "Alt-Cont-Del" (I had the Mutex scan ticked, and this was the worst offender regarding start up - even TM refused to respond, so I was wanting to see if I could get TM to shut down TDS before "full" initialisation.Surprise surprise, PG and TDS initialised. This behaviour was reproducible. So, with Memory Mutex Scan ticked - system hangs big-time. After reset, Alt-Cont-Del immediately after logon (brings up TM) PG and TDS initialise succesfully. I'm now running Process memory and File scan as default, but am I leaving to big a security hole by nt scanning memory at every startup ? (This took the best part of a couple of hours to determine - so I had to tell someone - cheers :D)

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Whynot, You are not leaving a big hole by starting TDS3 after everything else, ProcessGuard starts ver early and will protect your processes before winlogon has started. TDS3 can safely be started AFTER boot up in fact probably better because the scans will pick up anything that has happened since logon.
    You are quite safe I am sure :)

HTH Pilli.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.