PG3.2 Full doesn't start minimised

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Morpheus, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morpheus

Morpheus Registered Member

Hello folks,

EWver since upgrading to PG3.2 by uninstalling 3.1 and then installing 3.2 it no longer starts minimised upon boot. Does anyone know how to restore this behaviour?

Thanks

Morpheus

2. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

Hi Morpheous.

If your comfortable useing regedit/editing the registry,try checking the following

hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run

Check you have the following entry

!1_processguard_startup - "C:\Program Files\ProcessGuard\procguard.exe" -minimize

make the path to the executable is correct if yours is installed differently.

3. Morpheus

Morpheus Registered Member

Thanks, I solved the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling again but was getting a PG already running error on startup. I think my startup entries must have got a bit scrambled as when I looked at them (using an old program called Startup Manager by Bradley Stowers - I like it because it highlights changes) I found I had two entries for this ome with quotes and one without but I wouldn't have noticed without your help. It is my fault from when I was trying to stop Security Centre telling me my firewall wasn't loaded whilst Outpost was initialising. I tried a couple of the startup delaying programs to ensure it loaded first but this caused other annoyances and I removed them one of which caused no end of grief. Obviously I didn't fix all the problems it caused.

Cheers,

Morpheus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.