PG installs PasswordFinder 2.1 (Is this true?)

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by ems, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ems

ems Registered Member

Hi,

PestPatrol is reporting PG has installed a pasword cracker called Pasword Finder 2.1:( . It says the pasword cracker is hidden within uninstall000.exe. Is that true? otherwise, why Pestpatrol is mistaken uninstall000.exe with Pasword Finder 2.1 ?

Many thanks.

Ems

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

ems, Pest patrol is probably reporting a false positive, please inform them so that they can correct it. I am assumimg uou downloaded PG from the DCS members area :)

Pilli

3. ems

ems Registered Member

Hi,

Of course I did. I was taken to it from a link in the Zone Labs Users Forum, posted by an usual (and supposedly trustworthy) contributor.

Anyway, it is not the first time PestPatrol reports false positives. Although I am to verify that link takes actually to the DCS site. By the way, my PG is a paid version, I hardly ever use free software.

I have verified that the link took me to the DCS site, but now I do not remember what I actually did. I guess that as I firstly used the free version to check, then I made the download from the button pointing to the free version. Then, in a few minutes, I went back to purchase the full version but I did not download any aditional software, since the one I had was "updated with the registration information that I got from https://www.regsoft.net/regsoft/template/orderform ... from Digital River

Ems.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.