PG Hangs my computer after rebooting 2nd time

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Dineyar, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dineyar

Dineyar Registered Member

I have PG 3.4b1 and XPPro sp2, along wtih ZA 6.5, VNC 4.1.6 and Utimaco HD encryption. After installing PG, it will request for a reboot. After rebooting (the first time), run all my programs in learning mode and have Global Protection Options enabled. If I do printing it will work sometimes or get a BSOD and a message about bad_pool_header.

If again reboot (2nd time) or restart my PC, my computer hangs. I am able to log in, shows me the background default wallpaper with a few of my desktop icons, but the PC hangs. Waited for 15 mins, same effect. No program loads or runs.

I have disabled ZA, VNC, and all other programs, same effect - PC hangs after 2nd reboot. Even If I keep the Global Options disabled, same problem. This problem started with 3.3b4. Then I stopped using 3.3b4 thinking its beta and will be fixed in the next release. Next release also has the same problem.

Any help please?

2. Clso

Clso Registered Member

I just have the same problems~and waiting for the answer

3. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I have similar experience of having just the wallpaper when I log on after rebooting and after installing a new software, but this software is not PG.

I am not sure if this helps, but when you just see the wallpaper with only some icons and nothing is loading, try pressing Artl-Alt-Delete, and see if it brings you up a menu. If it does, choose logoff. After logging off and logging on again, I was able to get the icons back and all programs will be running.

If I could remember correctly, this software is NERO. After installing NERO and reboot, I just get the wallpaper and nothing else and nothing is loading, but I have no idea what is happening. After pressing Artl-Alt-Delete, logoff and logon again, everything is back to normal.

If you press press Artl-Alt-Delete and nothing happens and still get hanged, it maybe some other issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.