PG free and AntiHook

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by iceni60, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi i have had PG free for a long time and i have just installed AntiHook. i am continuously getting popups telling me that PG has blocked AntiHook from modifying... it wont let me put AntiHook in it's rules. i have tried going to the protection tab and "add application" but it says there was an error, please make sure it's not already in the rules and that it's an .exe. it's not in the list in the Protection section. i tried putting it in learning mode too with execution protection off but it still kept blocking AH.

right now the only way i can stop PG from blocking AH is to disable it, how can i get them to run together? thanks.

i think i have broken it. i have just tried to run some programs which aren't in the rules and PG is letting them run, it's not in learning mode either and execution protection is checked. i'll try and find out what has happened.

2. Ailric

Ailric Guest

iceni60,
    Although I'm no expert, I wouldn't recommend using PG and AH together. Both work at the kernel level. Both work very similar blocking unknown processes. I just finished trying AH and am impressed.

3. q1aqza

q1aqza Registered Member

Would it be fair to say that AH should make a nice complement to PG Free in that it fills the gap between what PG Free offers compared to PG Paid?

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks Ailric.

q1aqza they didn't work together for me.

i uninstalled AH. i'll try it by it's self one day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.