PG Errors!

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Kush, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kush

Kush Registered Member

My big mistake was installing v3.4 final? I thought! So on reboot I
    got this error message->error in initialization check user dcuserprot.exe.
    So I searched the forms and did what Gavin said in his step-by-step removal and tried it 17 times now or more and still get this error!
    Also tried version 3405 and the App. hung and Windows would not load.

Went back to version 3.150 and got this error->pgaccount is not running checked the forms did what Gavin has said(step-by-step)and now I can't use any version of PG!

So as a last hope of getting it back used Norton ghost v10.0 every file was perfect and in place except PG :mad: was blue,opened it up and it just had a main screen,nothing else and got
    an error in opening mutex2.
    Searched the forms again and did not find a solution to get PG back and running,but nothing works!Please keep in mind I know how to install and uninstall this program correctly,and removing the files left over files
    are deleted in safe mode.(followed Gavin's step-by-step all the way)also uninstalled every program at start up and still get
    the same errors,so if it's not a driver conflict what is it?

If anybody knows how to fix this error that would be great,I have given up hope after 48 hours!o_O Thanks in advance.

2. Kush

Kush Registered Member

All fixed by N_Ghost :D 36GB transfer of complete C:drive 60 days ago and Process Guard 3.150 is working again!.Last time I touch this program!:mad:. XP system restore could not fix this or anything the Author wrote worked to fix my problem.:rolleyes: I'll stick with v3.150 works great until you try upgrade it! :eek:

3. Wilpower

Wilpower Registered Member

Sorry to here about your problem.Read some pages, you're not the only one.
    Anyway, I don't have a PG solution for you other then to say, I Know exacty what you are saying and the hassle!! I also was stuck on V3.150 after trying to upgrade to v.3.4 and then v.3.4.05 Neither version works on my Windows XP PRo. NO MATTER WHAT. And I also have got the INSTALL/UNINSTALL by the book down-pat.
    I did manage to get upgraded to v.3.3beta4 >>by installing v3.2 and then upgrading to v.3.3 but that's as far as it goes.
    I don't know, I beta test software for numerous developers and have had every DiamondCS product installed on my machines, but over the past while I think (IMHO) that there is far to much "mess" and "fuss" with PG.
    This program was a clean upgrade in the past. I can't say what code changes, or driver issue, OR WHAT is the thing with the newer versions of PG and as far as I can tell if any of the "tech guys/gals" know they are not saying. I too have had many communications with Gavin Coe, but unfortunately there hasn't been any resolution; I simply can't get past v.3.3b4
    So maybe try upgrading one version up at a time. I don't know what difference if any that makes (and it really shouldn't make any difference) but you never Know. o_O Maybe it will happen for you.:cool:
    I also use a "System Recovery Program" I beta tested called "Rollback RX" by Horizon Data Systems.
    Excellent program. ONE CLICK and you restore your system with ease and confidence. Its GREAT for exactly the kind of software malfunction problems a non-compatible piece of software can cause.
    Check it out

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Hi there,

Like Wilpower I don't really have a solution except saying that my system like yours never digested anything after 3.150. All of the betas (sometimes announced as final versions) gave me problems like yours and I even contemplated the thought of ditching PG altogether.

No offence to Diamonds (for that matter a lot of software from other vendors behave similarly) but I don't really see why I should go through several installations to help clean the bugs of a software. One could argue not to download betas, but I'm really talking about final versions.

Believe it or not I gave one last try to 3.405 and ... it works. I think If I were you I would stick to 3.150 and wait for the next new version and try again.

PG is not signature based so I don't think there's a big difference in versions as long as you have a layered defence.

@ Wilpower

Rollback Rx was hailed as the new wonder program in terms of quick restorations: Apparently it behaves so badly in so many systems that a lot of people are openly talking about asking for a refund.

FirstDefence ISR seems to be very stable and reliable as a direct competitor.

My comments are totally unbiased: I use neither of these applications.

5. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello Wilpower & Osaban

Thanks for the reply's,I think after 25 times of trying this install of 3.4 finalo_O?
    It's just not gonna happen any time soon!:mad:

So I was very lucky to have an external USB drive & N_Ghost v10.0,the first restore was a restore point only! in Ghost.Had to reinstall the complete O/S from sixty days ago and that fixed everything!

Not so funny anymore! Wasted 3 days for nothing! I am sure V3.4 works on some peoples computers with no problems? I thought v3.4 was final?

Seems to be very buggy,and all Gavins removal guide does nothing at all! To fix this.Or the install guide.

I installed v3.3b(long time ago) and at the time it came out and found myself reinstalling XP,my computer just hanged at restart and could not get v3.3b off,even with Gavin's step-by-step.And XP System restore was wiped out!

I did tell Gavin what happened and it was a beta version so I let it go at that!,but this is 3.4 final? Or is it still in the beta version? Confused! If 3.4 is the final why is there v3.405 and that did not work either!

If I did not have copy of my complete C:drive and Ghost 10.0 I would have stopped using PG and find something with no conflicts.

I have been trying to update since last year,it's just never going to happen until there is a UNINSTALLER that removes everything(reg key,all files drivers etc..would be nice?)

Just a word of caution! If you think XP system restore will fix this problem it did not for me!.System restore was useless!And it usually does fix a bad install of any program except on PG.

If you don't have a complete copy of your hard drive,I would not install v3.4 or any others versions of PG.[IMO]ONLY!

It's been almost a year now! And I just don't see this problem answered,or solved anytime soon everybody waited for the 3.4 final and still there are big time problems upgrading even with your step-by-step(how to guide) does nothing!

Sorry DCS team you really got to find a fix or a uninstaller that works!Or a working version other than version 3.150.:)

Anyway I have given up all hope on PG and there new Final version 3.4? And will stick with version 3.150 works no problems.

Good luck DCS Team,you need it! no offense,but come on already! how many MORE years will it take? :isay: :p :-*

6. Wilpower

Wilpower Registered Member

Some interesting thoughts.:thumb: I am simply at awe with how one version of PG seems to work for some and the same not for others...AND how one version works "great" on an OS and then the next version causes countless hours of hassle??
    Anyway I think you are on to something. It seems that DCS team does not appear to have a simple, generic process that would allow for a "Streamlined" Upgrade from one version to another.
    Also, the fact that members and users can't access the "most recent version" via the 'members area' (IMHO) is not honouring the product access and service one would expect from a reputable software company for a program they "purchased for good money"! My 'members area' still has PG v.3.150 as the download, the area still has TDS3 as a viable download. Has the 'webpage maintainence guy/gal' been on holidayso_O
    Thanks.

7. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Can't you all see the handwriting on the wall?

8. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

You can consider yourself 'lucky' that your GHOST 10.0 managed to work at all on your system having PG installed simultaneously.

According to this article, http://www.techsupportalert.com/drive-imaging-reviews.htm Acronis TI and GHOST 10 could only be tested AFTER uninstalling PG from the test system. It really sounds like PG doesn't really behave consistently in every machine (IMO an HIPS interferes too much at low level in the system and one should really weigh the pros and cons of having one).

@ Wilpower https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=139120

9. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello Osaban,

Thank you for the link! Very Interesting how PG was his problem,but not sure why this guy has so many problems with Ghost 10.0 and all his errors on his
    image backups?I have been using it for over 2 months,and not one problem!As for my experience with there Tech support was great!,problem solved in 60 seconds by a remote desktop tool they use for problems any user may experience.

But if all is true that was said by Symantec to this reviewer?,that's bad news....

For me Ghost works 100% With PG installed,made sure I had it in learning mode and tested it before doing any image backups just to made sure all ghost processes where allowed by PG,after that I started on verifying all image backups and they work every time like last night when PG v3.4 & 3.405 made my computer not function,and Ghost fixed every file including Process Guard back 60 days when my computer was bug free & clean.

I am not sticking up for Symantec,but no problems what so ever on my side with Ghost 10.0 and Process Guard v3.150 any other version of PG makes my computer unable to function to the point where I have no other way to fix this problem other than a complete transfer of the image backup 36GB from 60 days ago and from there I make a new image backup right away, and I always have 6 full image backups (36GB)on hand by Ghost on a USB drive.

Makes me wonder? What version of PG he was using at the time? And why does Ghost 10.0 work flawless on my computer with Process Guard installed and not his?,I would like him to answer that!Too bad it did not work on his computer with PG installed.

But to say it does not work is B_S!Works every time on my computer.To each his own,I guess?

10. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Exactly, and even if I'm not a Symantec fan at all, the link I supplied was not meant to be read as criticism towards GHOST 10, but rather as another system affected adversely by PG.

I think that nowadays one should really try out a new application for the full period of the trial and refrain from buying until a number of users can vouch for its reliability on a number of systems.

I wonder in your situation what would happen if you install PG 3.405 after uninstalling GHOST 10. I'm only kidding, you better stick to 3.150!

11. ambolu

ambolu Registered Member

Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm having a similar problem.

SOMETIMES (like once a month) Whenever I start my computer and ProccessGuard doesn't load it says something like "initializing failed" so I have to uninstall it and then reinstall it.

Is this a bug or is my system infected by something?

12. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

You might try just rebooting several times. That has fixed my "initialization failed" problem when it happens with 3.15. Eventually the driver loads if I reboot several times. What bothers me is that there is no popup to tell me the driver failed to initialize. So, now I am paranoid about checking PG anytime I boot.

13. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello Ambolu,

Welcome! And your not hi-jacking this thread,but helping out :) ,in hopes that the DCS TEAM hears uso_O !But as I said it been close to a year! And still I can't upgrade to any other version than 3.150

Gavins so called uninstall guide,or upgrading does nothing!,I get your error and every error PG can give I get!,in the end it's a complete transfer of drive:C due to PG killing!!!!! my O/S everytime!And this was not a beta.:mad:

Your not going to get any answer any time soon,because it just passed off as the user doing something incorrect,or they just don't care,or bother to answer!Some dude has been waiting since 2005!On your question!Still unanswered!o_O

I also would like to fix these errors,but the DCS team seems to avoid answering these questions!Why?(SUMMER BREAK?) I guess they have no clue! [IMO].:-*

If my question is not answered!I think I have had enough of PG and there updates :D ,which work on some computers,but not all! And the rest of us are stuck at version 3.150 works great until you upgrade
    the dam thing!:rolleyes:

Good Luck on your error problem,I would uninstall & reinstall(useing Gavins guide) does nothing for me!But it might help your error problem.Check the threads your question is in there and there is no fix.But Gavins guides(step-by-step) if that does not work,maybe some day the DCS Team will return.:doubt:

Good luck

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.