PG changes permit once to always!

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Mele20, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

One of the reasons I am using PG is to control IE. I have PG set to "permit once" for IE thus when IE wants to start, I get a popup from PG asking what to do. I ALWAYS permit ONCE. I NEVER check the box to "permit always".

Tonight, I went to start IE because I couldn't read the comments at Mark's Sysinternals blog using Firefox and thought since Microsoft now owns Sysinternals that maybe I had to use IE there now. So, I clicked on the IE icon in quick start and instead of PG giving me the expected dialog box asking what to do, IE just started! I checked PG and, sure enough, IE was listed as "always permit". There is NO way I would do that!

I am really tired of PG just behaving as however it feels like. It is very unreliable. What is the point of a program like this that cannot be relied on to do as the user has set it? Yes, I am still using 3.15 but that is because of all the problems I have had with the betas of the new version. It shouldn't matter anyhow because what has been happening on my computer with PG should NEVER happen with ANY version. This sort of thing makes PG worthless. It might be successfully argued that my problem posted here yesterday regarding PG not notifying me about the driver not loading is fixed in the new version and I should install it if that bothers me. But this problem I am reporting now is fundamental to PG in all versions. For it to change, ON ITS OWN, the permissions is a a no-no that simply cannot be if this application is to be worth anything to its users. This is not the first time that PG has changed permissions on its own. I have reported that here and been ignored. So, I suppose I will be ignored now also. I don't like PG's rivals but I am step, by mis-step of PG, being forced to move to one of them. :(

2. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Mele, DiamondCS will ignore you & don't forget to use the old nVidia video drivers.

Take Care
    rico

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.