PG and explorer problem?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by DreamCatcher, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher Guest

Source Application Error
    event id 1000
    date 13/01/06

description:
    Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module msvbvm60.dll, version 6.0.96.90, faulting adress 0x000deec8.

Source Application error
    event id 1000
    Category (100)
    date 13/01/06

Description:
    Faulting application drwtsn32.exe, version 5.1.2600.0, faulting module dbghelp.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, faulting address 0x0001295d.

Hi,

Today for some reason every time I have closed my web browsers (firefox/IE) i have been getting notifications that 'dwwin.exe and drwtsn.exe' are wanting to start so I block them(not sure if I should have allowed them?), but anyways suddenly I get a red PG in my taskbar saying it has protected me from 252 attacks. Then my screen disappears and explorer restarts agian, so I check PG and have hundreds of these entries;

'dwwin.exe was blocked from modifying explorer.exe'

'drwtsn.exe was blocked from modifying explorer.exe'

I have know idea way this happened, what i have done is set PG in learning mode to maybe see if that helps, but I have never seen this before and would really like some help and advice on what I should do to prevent in the future. Alos is there any way to reset the attacks counter in PG from 2352 attacks to zero?

Thank you for any replys

Dreamcatcher

Application exception occurred: from my drtwsn32.log
    App: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    When: 13/01/2006 @ 18:20:31.296
    Exception number: c0000005 (access violation)

2. FirePost

FirePost Registered Member

Main screen of PG 3.2 lower right hand corner is a button "Clear Stats" That will reset the counter.

3. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

dreamcatcher, (imo) you do not need to worry about "drwtsn32.exe" or "dwwin.exe".. that is "dr watson" and it is normal for it to run when applications like IE or Firefox "crash".. i would set those processes for "always allow", in PG, and give them whatever priviledges (in PG) they need, like if "dwwin.exe" wants to terminate a protected application ie to close the "crashing" IE..

then you will need to figure out what is causing IE and firefox to "crash".. different things can cause IE to "crash"..

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

You should ALLOW those yes, give them privileges (modify/terminate) and the same goes for IE crashes - IEDW.exe is the Internet Explorer version - ONLY the one in the Program Files\Internet Explorer folder of course. Give it the same allow privileges and always allowed to run.

5. Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher Guest

Thanks you both:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.