PG and AOL 9.0 Optimized for Broadband

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Peter2150, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Anyone using AOL 9.0 for Broadband with PG 1.2. I have been unable to turn on Block Services and get AOL to work. I get an error message in AOL saying it can't start my DSL service. Once I am online I can enable the Block services and all is well. I have all the common AOL stuff totally allowed. Kicker is I don't get any error message in PG. Any clues??

2. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

I have AOL 9.0 Optimized but it is the latest beta version. I haven't had any problems with it in relation to PG 1.2. I am on cable modem- always connected.

Because of all the automation for diagnostics, corrective actions, and automatic updates built into AOL 9.0, I have the following executibles installed in PG with all ALLOW features selected. For Waol.exe and Tranplug.exe, I also have Allow Global Hooks. For Tranplug.exe I have Allow Driver/ Service Installation option selected too.

Waol, Shellmon, ShellStart, Rbm, Aoltray, Aolphx, Aoldiag, Aol.exe, Accdef, Aoltpspd, Acsd, Acssetup, Acsuninstall, Aolacsd, AolDial, Ospath, Wanmpsvc, Tranplug.

I had to add Allow Global Hooks and Allow Driver/Services Installation to Service.exe

HTH

btw, I have all 4 Block options selected in PG 1.2

3. Peter2150

Grrrrr. I now have all of the above turned on, and basically everything allowed, and hook and service install permitted. Only exe I don't have is AOLDIAG.exe.
    I am on DSL, and when I have Block services checked, AOL gives me the following error:

[Broadband (Cable/DSL/ISP)] Unable to create or start the DSL service on your machine. (02-03027)

But nothing shows up in PG log. My next shot might be to allow every process running. Tis a puzzlement.

Pete

4. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

A small bugfix version of PG will be released soon , I think I know what might be blocking this particular thing.

-Jason-

5. Peter2150

Hi Jason.

This is good news and bad news. The good news the fix, the bad news, the thought of reentering all the programs in a new version. That is becoming a crucial issue. I tried contacting AOL techsupport. First guy understood, but wanted to see the connection log. Of course I had to log off to get it. Next guy was clueless. He didn't know a "service" from a hole in the ground. :oops:

BTW. I entered all the AOL stuff, above and retried the Block hook, with AP enabled. Knock on wood, so far so good. Hmmm.

Thanks as always.

Pete

6. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

You won't need to enter them in again if you copy pguard.dat . This new version will be compatible with 1.2 pguard.dat's

-Jason-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.