PG 3.200 & InstallShield ikernel

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by poogimmal, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poogimmal

poogimmal Registered Member

seemingly installed PG 3.200 aok (replacing 3.150) all was well, reboot, and I got something new:
    it autoallowed_3_executions_(unable_to_ask_user). 2 I understood and I changed security permission to "permit always" but the 3d has me somewhat confused. PG autoallowed execution during boot of
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\engine\6\Intel 32\IKernel.exe
    but the PG log does not show ikernel as starting, it does not appear as a running process. I checked with a separate reboot process monitor and it does not show ikernel as starting either, and I check with 3 different autostarting apps and none shows that ikernel is an autostarting app. so... why the "autoallow" message from PG? this message repeated on 3 or 4 following boots, finally, 1st I temporarily removed ikernel from hdd (w2k) with no ill effects, but then I put it back and told PG to "permit always" until further notice. DCS tech said 3.200 is looking earlier in boot process (good!), but they were not familiar with ikernel issue before. I went to InstallShield (now macrovision) web page
    http://www.macrovision.com/index.shtml
    but cannot get any useful info there. what's the poop with this, anyone know? typically when I'm installing a known app, I disable PG so if ikernel is legitimately running then, PG would not record it. tia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.