Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Defenestration, Nov 1, 2005.
Can someone from DiamondCS please post a changelist for the new PG 3.2 beta ?
I would also like to see this as well, so consider this another vote for best software practices to be followed
It has become the defacto standard for a functional changelog to be issued with software updates and not having something decent is a little below par.
In terms of beta testing you would be helping yourselves as much as us with a decent changelog because the people that wanted to would give those changed areas more than cursory examination
As it is with the issues being encountered and no changelog it is a bit harder to speculate where or what the problems might be.....
I totally agree. It makes it a lot easier for the beta testers to know where and what changes have been made and lets them examine these areas a bit closer...
I'd second (third?) this also. There have been some minor adjustments to the GUI but knowing more about what has happened under the hood would be useful.
There are also a lot of features that have yet to be added ("Permit with these parameters" option for RunDLL and its ilk, improvements to Secure Message Handling to cut down on spurious popups, an option to remove all Protection/Security entries for deleted files, etc). However what has been added should suffice for a 0.050 update.
Here is a good example of a small commercial developer that does release notes and even provides a bit of a view into his bug tracking system
Given that the 2nd beta seems to be continuing to have BSOD's would there be any chance of a changelog somewhere. It couldn't take more than 30mins to write up a simple summary....
Alternately please just respond and let us know that you won't be doing it
I`ve not recieved one BSOD in either betas. Wonder why?
Here is a quick guide to some of the main changes ...
- Extended default protection list
- Some options for default protections blocked from change
- Fixed protection checkbox statuses when multiple selected
- Gives warning when global options are changed (can be disabled by user via warning messagebox)
- Alert window is now moveable
- Ignore change option
- Logs made to per day
- Log naming changed for improved sort support
- Can now disable logging of allowed executions via checkbox on alerts tab
driver was put to system
- The current public release of PG is very stable, but this should be even more stable than all previous versions
- Various fixes, mostly minor and cosmetic, and some in the driver.
- Driver kept at System as these new fixes might have fixed the BSOD problem.
Please report feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org thanks!
Separate names with a comma.