PestPatrol has BIG problems

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by bellgamin, Sep 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashak

Ashak Registered Member

I think there's a new version coming out in a couple of weeks to resolve the issues. Might be an idea to wait until it's been assessed before downgrading? :)

I've only had it for three months or so, so I'll wait till the licence expires before switching assuming that they fix the current problems. To give them credit, PP staff have run a forum where they have provided solutions personally in the past, although this one obviously requires a complete overhaul of the software.

2. marti

marti Registered Member

The PP folks have been promising a new version for over a month now. They had problems with it, so didn't release it. That's fine as I would rather have a good version 4 that one that is full of "bugs." However, they have stopped issuing updates to version 3, that is not acceptable.

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Ashak,

That's planned indeed - a new Final Version release.

Our rating depends on more than new releases. The software will be downrated. In case Safersite provides us with a registered copy from the new version, we will test it - and could uprate it depending on our findings amongst others. Customer support comes into play as well here.

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.