Permit Once (Unable to Ask User)?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by siliconman01, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

I have made it so the GUI will popup a messagebox and also tell you in the GUI that pgaccount.exe is not running if for some reason it isn't.

I don't really see the point of malware which is already running from deleting/changing that key. Malware can't read the protection/security list so it has no idea which applications have privileges, etc.

I think checking another registry key which is sort of pointless in a way isn't worth the resources, however I do agree that if it isn't running the user should be aware.

Attached Files:

2. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Thanks much, Jason. :)

3. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i have noticed that sometimes "regprot" can interfere with things in "startup".. specifically, if i remove "boclean" from startup, and then later i try to add it back, if regprot is running during all of this, sometimes things will not work right.. even if regprot ask me if i want to allow "boclean" and i say yes, there can still be a problem where boclean will not start automatically..however, if i disable regprot and then add the boclean entry back into startup, and go through a reboot routine, and then later re-enable regprot, then boclean will startup ok..

you could temporarily disable regprot, uninstall pg3, and then reinstall it, and see if that solves the problem..

4. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

I'm not using Regprot. I do have Startup Program protection enabled in Spy Sweeper; however, in my scheme of things using Startup Delayer I don't start up Spy Sweeper for about 11 seconds into the reboot.

Since adding PGAccount.exe to Startup Delayer for 1 second into reboot, it has been starting up everytime.

5. newbii

newbii Guest

I was pretty late to add PrevX after PG3. While waiting for next version of PG with more and more powerful features yet, PrevX is probably best for free to add another layer to your security defend? Any one helps this? Thx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.