PerfectDisk question

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by gracie123, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

I am using PerfectDisk (the latest version) and I did a defrag on my computer with this program. However, when I did a "Analyze" using PerfectDisk, I noticed a window pop up. (see screenshot)

I accepted to do this upon the restart of my computer but I did not notice anything like it did anything to the computer. Only thing I noticed was when I clicked on my username on the Windows logon screen, my wallpaper was showing with no desktop icons or anything loading in the system tray for a few minutes then it all came up like normal. But then when I did another "Analyze" using PerfectDisk, I noticed the same window (see screenshot) pop up again... and so I accepted again and this time upon the restart of my computer, nothing different happened except a normal restart of the computer.

I decided to uninstall Spy Sweeper and NOD32, the only security apps. I have running or did and still, I get this window (see screenshot) when I did a "Analyze" using Perfect Disk.

Any suggestions?

Gracie

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

rather than answering the pop-up, try running the offline scan manually.

in the perfectdisk main window, select your C drive and click the toolbar button for running offline scans (if there is one). if not, right-click the C drive and see if theres an option there.

3. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

Hi, thanks so much for the suggestion. For some reason, it is doing something called a boot time defragmentation and this is what it says it would do.

Thanks again :),

Gracie

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.