People's Deepest, Darkest Google Searches Are Being Used Against Them

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by ronjor, Nov 3, 2015.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

3. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Most people don't seem to get how Google looks both ways :eek:

4. Balthazar

Balthazar Registered Member

+1

I don't change the IP that often and I don't use TOR that much. But then I hardly use Google and I don't have Javascript enabled.

Why still use Google at all when you know there are alternatives that are almost the same?

5. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Worried about UK government surveillance? One Google hack would leak more data
    http://www.techworld.com/blog/war-o...one-google-hack-would-leak-more-data-3628875/

6. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

7. deBoetie

deBoetie Registered Member

Four points:-

Demonstrably, Google et al have - as far as we know, been far better at keeping external parties (those who don't pay for it!) away from the data than government departments are capable of doing so - I'd say they were even more disastrous than standard commercial negligence, lots of government outfits are running on out-of-date software etc. Plus, reading about Xks and similar, there is carelessness about who gets access to it, they seem to sell the data as a cost center would, have no idea where the users are etc. They do not bear the costs (whereas Google would to a greater extent).

Second, the spooks have very privileged access to fibers and routers, and can get inside private networks, which Google does not.

I can (and do) choose to avoid using Google services, therefore I can (and do) restrict my exposure. It is FAR harder to avoid the spooks.

Finally, Google cannot (yet) lock me up.

8. SouthPark

SouthPark Registered Member

I agree on all, but especially on points 3 & 4.