PE V1.70 Goes 90-100% Busy Randomly

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Charles Ray, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charles Ray

Charles Ray Guest

Using Version 1.70 of Port Explorer, randomly it goes 90-100% busy. When this occurs, it does not clear up and the only way I've found to correct it is to use Task Manager and end the PE process. On reactivating PE, it is back to normal.

When the problem occurs, I cannot open the PE window through the systray icon right click. The menu will not appear to permit the opening. Nothing else on my systems appears to be malfunctioning at the time.

This has occurred 6-8 times very randomly, sometimes immediately after system reboot, other times after many hours of system normal operation. I've not been able to relate it to any specific event or pattern. The 6-8 times is over the time period from the day of the initial release of V1.70.

Settings are:
    Automatic Refresh every 3 seconds
    Windows logging limited to 500 items
    File Logging Disabled
    Show New Sockets for 3 seconds
    Show Dead Sockets for 3 seconds
    Show Process as EXE Name
    Reduce Memory Usage (Not engaged)
    Hide NetStat Sockets (Not engaged)

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Charles, which windows version are you running?
    Haven't heard this behavior before yet.

3. Charles Ray

Charles Ray Guest

Running Windows XP Home, Build 2600.xpsp2.030422.1633.
    Also running NIS/NAV 2003,
    TrojanHunter 3.5, AdAwarePlus 162, TDS-3, WG3, AOL 9 for Broadband, AOL Communicator for Broadband, WindowWasher 4.8, CookieWall, WeatherBug Pro, Atomtime Pro, SpywareBlaster, HiJackThis, MS Office XP Professional, SpyBot, ABSPlus Automatic Backup, APC PowerChute Pro for Battery Backup....all on a Dell Dimension 8200, 1.5 GB DRAM, 80 GB HD, 1.5 mh cable modem. All software is the latest versions, builds, and updates.

4. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi Charles we have reproduced it once or twice here also, and as you have said its very random. Try turning file/window logging off temporarily and see if the problems go away. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next version.

-Jason-

5. Charles Ray

Charles Ray Guest

Morning Jason,

I'll do as you suggest. Thanks for the confirmation that it is not "just me". :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.