PDFXchange Forum - how to register?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by beethoven, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I wish every forum would be as userfriendly as Wilders :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I am trying to register at http://www.docu-track.com/forum3/memberlist.php?mode=leaders for the pdfXchange software forum and fail miserably. Every time I try to register I am getting
    I have never seen this before, the email address I am trying to use is perfectly valid, so I don't understand what the problem is. I have searched everywhere on the page to find a contact button/ webmaster but nothing seems to work unless you are registered. So how can I register? I tried to google the error message but that did not make things clearer to me, mostly this seems to be address to the owner of a forum or site. Is there anything I can do to contact them?

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Adjust your search term Beethoven - solved the entered e-mail domain has no valid mx record. Persistence. ;)

========================

Incase you missed any of those lead's - mx record lookup - how mx records work - configuring mx records.
    As long as your mail domain return's a valid certificate, you should be good. How and where it's entered ...?

S

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  3. beethoven

sorry, and what does that mean in plain English o_O?

I have registered on dozens of fora and never had any issues. I am using a regular email address, so if there is a problem, it's at their end not mine.
    There is not anything I can do to change my existing email address, can I?
    Quoting from one of the links on google So, being a responsible and enthusiastic administrator, you're asking "How can I setup my DNS so that my own and my clients' mail is reliably delivered to mail servers that use DNS validation techniques? my point is that I am neither the administrator of their forum nor the administrator of the domain providing my email address.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  4. GlobalForce

OK, you followed the activation link correct? This "regular" addy of your's .... which domain (mine below, Yahoo)? Browser?

S

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  5. beethoven

Globalforce - that is not the issue.
    When trying to register on the forum registration page, my registration is already been rejected with the previously quoted error message.
    I never get any email or a chance to activate and prove my email exists.
    So far I have tried different domains including hotmail, all showing the same "reject" response.

6. GlobalForce

Got it. I'd then suspect an issue between their phpbb soft and something on your end. Forward which browser's you've tried while I have myself a looksee. I'm wondering too whether any 'in place' security soft has been restricting that part of the transfer?

PS - Go try again, confirm there's still a problem.

S

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  7. beethoven

Globalforce, thanks for your assistance.
    I have now finally managed to get registered after creating a new yahoo addy.
    I still think the company is going overboard with their spam policy

Seems to me that they don't have a support email that is available, no contact form to advise them of problems with registration and a forum that makes registration difficult or a matter of luck.

If their anti spam measures are so tough that valid customers or potential customers are prevented from contacting their support unless they test several different email providers in the hope of breaching their defenses, maybe they don't want to be bothered.

Comparing this to any of the other software companies I am dealing with and their forum policies, it does not impress me much.

8. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I use their software :thumb: . I was concidering joining their forum too, that was about 1 and a Half years ago. At that time Their fourm was totally spamed..every thread..so if they're anti spam measures are tough at the moment you can understand why.

9. beethoven

Carver - I do understand the reasoning behind keeping spammers away, so I have no objection to registration or captcha processes. My point is though that they seem to overdo it. I don't see any spammers on this board :D : and I would bet that it does have a considerably larger membership.

10. GlobalForce

Info<at>docu-track<dot>com their general contact? Concerning your objection's, pit differences - "phpbb vs vbulletin (features)."

S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.