Pdf to Word converter programs ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Ashanta, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

Hi,

I'm looking for the best efficient and faithfull 'pdf to word' program converter and editor.

Any programs or considerations would be nice for me, thanks ! ;)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  3. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Here's a link to a page I used a couple of years ago when I was looking for one.

http://www.freewaregenius.com/2010/03/06/how-to-convert-pdf-to-word-doc-for-free-a-comparative-test/

It's getting a little old now but there might still be something useful. I ended up using Nuance because it has optical character recognition. More and more, PDFs are using image-based text and the only way you can convert it is with OCR. When I used Nuance, I had to install the PDF reader and then upload my document to their server for conversion. There might be a newer version now where you don't have to upload but I'm not sure.

4. Ashanta

I know this site, is from Nitro pdf.

But I'd like to use another similar program, lighter, that can make an exact copy (panels, polices,...) from my webmail in order to edit.

5. Ashanta

allizomeniz,

Nice reviews, thanks !

Nuance server or their online conversion has been disappeared, not available online service at this moment.

6. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

7. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

I have Wondershare PDFConverterPro that can covert all pdf's to office docs. But before I bought this one there was a freeware of Wondershare PDF-to-Word. Well it's not free anymolre as it seems they have relaunched it. I did remember they offered it as freeware.

Try this popular one.
    Free PDF to Word Converter

Some PDF to Word Converter which can delete line breaks.

8. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

I also seem to remember having trouble with Nuance's server. When it finally worked, it worked pretty good though. I think to get a really good converter you have purchase. All the free ones I've tried, except Nuance, mangle them pretty bad, unless it's something very simple with text only. I finally broke down and taught myself how to record macros in Word. It's still a lot of work, but not nearly as much as it would be otherwise, and you get a nice document that's like you want it. :)

9. Ashanta

I tested a few programs told above this post.

My choice is Nitro Express and the second choice will be Nuance pdf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.