PDF form: How to make it anonymous

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by danielspencer2, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielspencer2

danielspencer2 Registered Member

I am using Tor browser and I want to open a PDF form where I can submit some information, but when I open the PDF form in the Tor Browser it opens up adobe pdf reader which means I'm not anonymous anymore.
    How can I make my submission in the PDF form anonymous with tor browser?

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Try downloading and using the OpenOffice.org word processor (locally on your computer) to create a PDF document. Then submit the local PDF document you created (by uploading it) to the destination where you want to post it (over Tor - of course).

I would also scan the document after creation for any identifying information before releasing it to make sure it is anonymous (i.e. no tracking information back to you).

If you don't have a Linux Live CD (i.e. you work only in a Windows environment), I would get one (they are free to download the .ISO file and then burn the .ISO image to CD). Then you could run the strings command against the document (where $ is the command line prompt):
    $ strings <pdf>
    and <pdf> is the name of the PDF document you created.

-- Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.