PCSL Total Protection Testing (2009 May's report)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pcslinfo, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

Why are Avast, AVG, and ESET not among those who 'officially take part' (sic)? What were the inclusion criteria?

2. pcslinfo

pcslinfo Registered Member

Got your point, you wanna know what they missed for every single scanner, right?
    I will discuss with my team member and thanks for your suggestion:)

When 2010 is finally released, we will replace the old 2009 to the new one.

Sometimes it will cause conflict to install two software at one time, and the result will be different if you choose who will be the main scanner to scan or guard.
    Unlike trustport, F-Secure, G DATA, they have ability to combine them smoothly in one single product, so such problem above will not happen while using.
    Anyway, your idea is intesesting and thanks for your consideration;)

More details about the FP will be added in July's Test:D Thank you

We need authorization for AV vendors to allow us to test, so if I got official AGREE, I will surely add them into the testing list.:)

3. NobleT

NobleT Registered Member

someone also have a ID in this forum mm i have guessed~~:p

4. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

Pcslinfo, can you please explain this further? I do not understand how a company could prevent you from performing and reporting upon a product test.

Thanks.

5. pcslinfo

pcslinfo Registered Member

Hi Pleonasm,
    I think to perform a good test, it is a must to get a good communication channel between vendors and us. So it will come easy when there is problem while testing, how to set the parameters and etc.
    So we just contact vendor and let them know how we perform the test, how we filter the samples and then they agree us to test and finally we add them into the testing list.
    So there comes why we need to discuss with vendor before test and why we need authorization.

Many thanks for your time and advice:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.