*PCLinuxOS* F-Prot (fp-linux-ws) won't install

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zapjb, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Posted at PCLOS forum as well.

Why F-Prot? Cause it's supported. Avast's updates are like 7MB, everytime.

Uninstalled Avast.
    Choose install fp-linux-ws through Synaptic. Downloads it. Starts install so top blue progress bar completes. But bottom blue progress bar never finishes. Not even after 10mins. Tried uninstall, reinstall 3-4x. No go. What's the solution? Thanks.

About AVG - Last time I tried it was missing 2-3 dependencies. So thats a no go.

2. Arup

Arup Guest

Avast updates its engines as well so the 7mb file, do a once a week scan, Linux doesn't really get infected, I only scan if I get suspicious attachments via mail from people running Windows. Also install RK Hunter from the repos and do a scan. To delete F-Prot, uncheck hidden files in Konqueror and see if you can find the F-Prot file.

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

"To delete F-Prot, uncheck hidden files in Konqueror and see if you can find the F-Prot file."

Did that. And could find no F-Prot file.

Will Check out RK Hunter. Does it update? Thanks.

Still need help with F-Prot.

4. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Solved by FastGame - Thanks.

From the looks in KPPP> Details I would say F-Prot is updating to finish the install ? F-Prot is like Avast (no incremental updates in Linux) and the update is large.

Took 23 mins here.

5. Arup

Arup Guest

RK Hunter is stricly command line and the rep usually installs the latest but you can update it as well or check for updates.

PCLOS also comes with aiksaurus and its gui namely gaiksaurus, its a very good thesaurus program, give it a spin if you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.