PCI: Device not available?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tocsese, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tocsese

tocsese Guest

Greetings!
    Full error message is "PCI: Device 00:14.1 not available because of resource collisions"

I got the above when I tried to reimage just after installing everything, to ensure I had a working image, which I do not. Just built a new PC with intergrated video on the MoBo. There is no PCI express card in the available slot ... if that has anything to do with this. I am using Acronis 6.0.

Thanks for any advice or enlightenment!

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Acronis 6? I'm sure the official response here will be that that version is no longer supported and you will be advised to download the latest trial version, which is ver 9 build 2337. But we will wait for them to confirm.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tocsese,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that if you receive this error message while booting from Acronis True Image 6.0 Bootable Rescue CD, but do not actually have any problems creating\restoring an image then this error message can be safely ignored. Otherwise, please follow the below instructions.

Please also note that Acronis True Image 6.0 is a very old version and not being updated any more, so it might not support some modern hardware.

However, the first thing to try is to make sure that you use the latest build (350) of Acronis True Image 6.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About menu in the main program Window.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (350) of Acronis True Image 6.0 then please also try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please note that since you use an older version of Acronis True Image, you should press F11 button when the "Staring Acronis Loader..." message appears but not when the selection screen appears.

If that does not help then please download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0, create new Bootable Rescue CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the fee trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 works fine on your computer then please visit Acronis online store to purchase the upgrade.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please boot from this CD once more and create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also let us know when exactly you receive this error message.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.