PCflank test and Comodo

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Drew99GT, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejr

ejr Registered Member

Unfortunately, PC Flank website down ALL DAY today. Couldn't go back and re-test. Will post results when I can.

2. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Hi ejr,

Unless you blocked OA from starting at bootup, some components will still be in memory. Hope this helps figure it out.

Cheers

Mike

3. ejr

ejr Registered Member

I beliee that I have resolved the issue. I installed Comodo last Friday and have been failing the PC Flank leak test time and time again. At Comodo, they thought that this could be a conflict with On-line Armor. I am still not sure as I simply don't posess the technical knowledge to troubleshoot and figure it out. However, I did finally pass this leaktest. Here's how:

1. When I was running the leak test all those times before, I would download the leaktest.exe file but not save it to my computer. I would simply run the program from the download. For some reason, this allowed leaktest.exe to use Internet Explorer through OLE automation. I failed the test every time doing it this way.

2. However, if I saved the file to my desktop. Then launched the program (leaktest.exe) Comodo stopped it every time.

Does that make sense?

Question: should Comodo stop the leaktest in both scenario 1 and scenario 2 above?

4. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Originally posted by ejr

That is an odd one. Most drive by downloads utilized by malware don't require you to save the malware to your folder. I used the leaktest a while back on one of my computers and I did not recall having to save the program file on a folder.

5. ejr

ejr Registered Member

I emailed Comodo Tech Support (not the support forum, but actually tech support). They said that they identified the issue and would have a fix out next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.