PCCillen 2004 // Zone Alarm Conflict

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by eze, Jun 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eze

eze Registered Member

Hi i just bought PCCillen 2004 and i had to uninstall Zonealarm due to a conflict. I was wondering is there a way to get around this, if not, what other firewall do you suggest, i heard hardware firewalls are by far the best but i cant really afford one, so any software you suggest, same quality as zonealarm, i connection with an ADSL router :) Thanks for ya time,
    Josh.

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi eze. :)

Just wondering, why did you have to uninstall ZA if you liked it?

Why not just disable the FW in PCC 2004?

Is that an option for you? It certainly was in 2003 version I had.

I ran PCC for a number of years myself and really liked the product, ran fine, very rarely a problem, updated fine, etc. *and* I ran the FW after the 2000 version thru 2003 versions in conjunction with Kerio 2.1.5 FW, never a conflict.

When licence ran out, I got KAV after many many recommendations about it, but I probably would have still been running PCC if not for that.

You could go to Kerio, maybe, it's a learning curve with Rules based, but seeing as you like ZA probably better to stick with that.

Cheers, TAS

3. killian_sh

killian_sh Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.