PC Tools Firewall 3.0.0.60

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Diver, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks Kees.

I think I am going to replace EQS with Defence+.:)

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Well it will be interested to see ho you progress, I tried that two times with the previous versions of D+. Development of CFP is so intense at the moment, that D+ of version 3.0.16 may work totally different than 3.0.15

Comodo will get it right, but my next try will be with version 3.2. Or when power users like u (Aigle) post that it works okay may be earlier

Good luck Aigle

3. MGhell

MGhell Registered Member

I've been using this firewall for about 1 week now. Before that I've been running Kerio 2.15 for years but decided that it was time to move on. So I tried Comodo & OA but both these firewalls slowed down my system. Then I tried PC Tools firewall and voila, no slowdown. Also, so far no crashes on my system and the firewall plays nice with SSM.

It is important that you enable "stealth mode", "stateful packet inspection" and "protection against code injection" under settings/filtering (I had to redo this after updating to the latest version 3.0.1.9). Additionally, if you're running a local proxy (eg Proxomitron) you have to add the local proxy under settings/proxy.

The firewall passes the PCflank leaktest which is missed by SSM.

Info about the new version

http://www.pctools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50784

Fixes in the PC Tools Firewall v3.0.1.9 include:
    1. Sociability issues with other security applications
    2. BSOD's in XP and Vista resolved
    3. Support for local proxy

MG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.