Pc Security test

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by maddawgz, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

2. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Hi again MD. Long time my friend .
    This seems to be another joke . One of my applications did not want it installed as it may contain popups and differing ads . It is considered Pestware . Outside of that , when it tries to run , it wants to test you on allowing a startup entry to be added . of course , I blocked it and the test stopped cold . Not even 1 fourth of the way through . Only to give a popup telling you to buy the product . Like PreEmpt by Pivx , it seems to be a scam . Pivx test IS a scam . It does not list many well known programs as being recognized , thus , you get a low score . This test you listed cannot even run through it's testing if you block something . Keep in mind , this is in RUNNING the tests . NOT installing . I installed and ran it to check it's validity . I will not mention the program it wants you to buy but , I have not heard of it . Seems shady at best . I could be wrong as this is my intial thought . I will not run it again though . Companies which choose to operate this way are , in my opinion , lowlifes . Trying to scare you into buying " their " product .
    Good luck with it .

3. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

hi Hollywood thanks for that btw still lov'n first defence !! :D

4. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

No problem my friend . And glad FD is still working great . Told you it was good !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.