PC & Pup Sex?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Pilli, Feb 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Just a thought, Is your PC "male", "female" or "it"

Mine are "it's" pc1, pc2 & laptop.

More interesting possibly is what sex is pixel pup? :D

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I believe my pc is one tough female with smooth edges ;)

4. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Mine's definately female. Everytime my wife uses her she breaks. :p With me, no problem. :D As far as pixal pup, maybe the pixal vet could tell.

5. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

My pc's definitely an "it" -- for all its foibles, definitely more predictable than any human I ever met. ;)

As for pixel pup -- well, if LWM himself doesn't know, I guess the rest of us haven't a hope of ever guessing, or of finding out if we were right.

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

As far as the sex of pixel pup goes there might not be enough pixels to tell yet :D

Attached Files:

7. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Re: PC & Pup Sex?

My computer is a tough male. sorta like a tough general in the army. my computer somehow behaves like a drunkard (acting oddly) sometimes. mysterious.

Last edited: May 29, 2004
  8. everybody

everybody Guest

Everybody knows all dogs are male. Well almost all. As for computers, it depends how much trouble they give you.

9. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

mines a complaineing female

that nags me for upgrades and performs poorly and wants expensive gifts like software

and its picky about software no older then 2003

10. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:

(surprised to be the first to respond to this one-slammer says: )

hm... are you sure you didn't ment this the other way around...? *puppy**puppy**puppy**puppy**puppy**puppy*
    :D

Last edited: May 22, 2004
  11. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

I see my computer as genderless: an "it." Those who liken manufactured items without the spark of life to males and/or females rarely flatter either one by doing so, in my opinion.

If all dogs were males, there would be no dogs!! Must've been a slip of the fingers on the keyboard...

Last edited: May 22, 2004
  12. everybody

everybody Guest

Well if you had read (only twenty words long) my entire post Jayzzz you would have seen it said, " Everybody knows all dogs are male. Well almost all..." It was supposed to be a joke. But anyway, A computer creates so therefore it must be female. True it is programmed by a person, But ultimately it does the creating. Coincidentally most programmers are male. So kinda makes sense don't it? So perhaps some males consider their computer to be their girlfriend in a way, i mean they can spend ALOT of time with it. Sometimes more than other people. Maybe that's why alot of computer programmers don't have real girlfriends because secretly they really consider their computers to be their girlfriends. Maybe some would even like to marry their computers. It seems that way sometimes. But such is the way of the modern day computer nerd. Of course this post is not intendend to offend anyone in any way. Just the meanderings of a convoluted and somewhat diaphanous mind.

13. dog

dog Guest

LOL :D and I thought I was faithful ... this may explain the passionate exchanges I have with my PC LOL :D and some weird dream too! ;) We seem to have a love - hate relationship. I hope the miss's doesn't catch on! :D This has to remain a Wilders' secret! ;) :D

dog - *puppy*

14. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

I did read your entire post, but it was more amusing to go with the part that slammer quoted. Besides, not even "almost all" of any species is one gender. As I remember my daughter's creation, my 1st husband did at least half the work, and she wouldn't have been created if he hadn't. (Do you know something I don't? Perhaps I missed an update?) ;)

From what I've read & observed, jokes and sarcasm can be tricky in this medium, and are easy to read in a way the writer didn't intend because all of us come from different worlds within our one, big world. We comprehend things based on what our unique experience has been.
    This illustrates that such comparisons tend not to flatter, like I said.
    Your theory is...interesting...that's all I dare say. :blink: My mind meanders, too. No problem, and no offense taken here.:cool:

(Silly dog! Secret's safe with me...:D)

15. slammer_JvA

Yep.
    And if everbody arriving or new on this, or for that matter any forum first would take interest in this thread over here, we all could be less agitated and more relaxed behind our screens. :)

PEACE :D

Slammer

16. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

Amen to that...the thread you provided the link to was one of the places I read about it, though I knew about misunderstandings for the same reasons between people in face-to-face discussions long before there was an Internet. All of us have positive & negative "triggers" because of where life has taken us, and others who haven't been where we've been don't have the same ones.

Btw, the last sentence you included when you quoted me, "This illustrates that such comparisons tend not to flatter, like I said," actually was about the quote immediately above it, rather than about how easy it is to misunderstand each other.

Please translate for me? Gracias.

Same to you, Slammer!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2004
  17. slammer_JvA

Dear jayzzz,
    this comes to show that even/especially quoting a person needs to be done with accuracy... forgive me: I'm only human too :)

As for the translation; I hope I get it right (modest as I am about my linguistic knowledge).

LUCTOR ET EMERGO:
    "I wrestle and emerge."

(This Latin phrase has special meaning to me in multiple ways:
    In personal life it has become a motto to me, out of experience.
    In computing in general, and security-matters in particular, I believe it is something we all have experience with...;):), so that's why I also think it's suitable.

Apart from that, to me it also has a proud meaning concerning my home soil -The Netherlands-
    As a matter of fact it is the motto underneath the coat of arms of one of our provences (Zeeland), which was struck by disaster in 1953: a high tide in combination with a dreadful storm, when 2/3 of the provence was floaded and some 1800 people drowned...
    After that floading the Dutch build the so called "Delta-werken" (Delta-works); a system of dikes and giant sluices/locks to protect our land from the sea. Without bragging (well...a little then:D) the completion of this project (which all in all took over 25 years) later became regarded as "the 8th miracle of the world")

NAM ET IPSA SCIENTIA POTESTAS EST:
    "Knowledge is power"

regards,
    slammer

Last edited: May 24, 2004
  18. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Definitely female as the darned thing never acts the same after a format. Always something that works different. In other words, can't make up its dammed mind, lmao. *ducks and hides from all women in ear shot"

19. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

[MOVE]Thank you for the translations, slammer![/MOVE]

I didn't mention the little hitch in the quoting to extract an apology...none is needed. I'm just an accuracy freak.:rolleyes:

I think many folks who get to age 50 or so have probably done some wrestling, triumphing, and emerging, or, as I tend to think of it, I'm stronger for what it took to survive that which didn't kill me.:cool:

I know a bit about the Netherlands. My husband's family spent some years there after leaving Jakarta and before coming to the U.S. Your English is excellent. My English is pretty fluent, also, but it's the only language I speak, so it's not really anything to brag about.;) I don't think I could do as well in a 2nd language, especially if I began learning it at this stage of my life, so your ability does impress me.

Eliot, based on my experience...which is similar to yours about after reformatting, btw...I believe it's the fault of the software from the manufacturer rather than anything the machine, itself, does wrong. I guess software could be regarded as part of the computer, if one chose, but you can guess what I think of using that as a reason to get a good natured dig in about women being difficult. You're wise to duck; consider some virtual item thrown at you! Men don't make one helluva lot of sense a good part of the time, either...so you've got no room to talk! :D (that is NOT hostility; it is lighthearted, immature banter, btw)

Last edited: May 24, 2004
  20. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Nice come back there jayzzz. *dodges the virtual item and lets out evil laugh*

21. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

And she cackles like an old hag, in response, thinking that one of these days, it'll be payback time...:D (not payback exactly, but I will remember which side of the gender thing you've put yourself on!) What makes you think something male would be able to make up his mind how to act after such an experience? Have you ever been reformatted? ;) Face it: the machines are "its."

Have a good one!:D

[Btw, after last time I reformatted, I had entirely different fax software. And it wasn't my first reformat either, so I used the same cds previously, with a different result. o_O]

22. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

I read this and decided to stay out of it!! I know what sex my cat, dogs and hubby is, I figure I'm lucky to have an "it" to hide out with once in a while!! :D

23. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

Sometimes, when not answering something, we still do answer it...thank you very much! :D

24. bonghit

bonghit Guest

I would have to say computers must be female 'cause they crash when you don't want 'em too. They tend to cost alot. And they're out dated right after you get 'em! LOL

25. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

Let me guess...you've never had a committed relationship with a grown woman, have you?:p:D I can't imagine why!:rolleyes: You could live up to the name you posted under and stay in touch with reality, too, if you wanted to...;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.