pc privacy defender

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by sirgrumps, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirgrumps

sirgrumps Registered Member

I have been hit by this adware/trojan horse/ what ever it is abouit 5 times now. I am running the latest version of ESET smart security and it updates daily, yet this damn program gets downloaded onto my machine, somehow shuts down EST and take over.

I have been fortunate that I can use the system restore to "fix" the problem, but it is getting annoying that Smart Security is nor blocking it from taking over

2. sherryxp2000

sherryxp2000 Registered Member

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Your restore archive is likely infected as a result. Steps Wilders Forums suggest you take to help clean an infected system.

Post back the links from where you seeked help so ESET Staff can follow those.

I have advised Bleeping Computer you may be coming their way for disinfection assistance.

Good luck :thumb:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  4. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

You'd best get going to either Bleeping Computer or Geeks To Go

Or you could risk it all and allow some hacker in Russia to drain your bank account.. :argh:

Hogndog..

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

there are tons of new variants of this type of threat daily. I would advice you to go to your counties eset website and contact them for support. they willl help remove the threat and help protect their customers in the future. Ive never understand how people manage to keep getting infected with fake avs. I have never seen one on my machines yet i clean them off my customers machines all the time.

6. tipo

tipo Registered Member

fake av`s come from trojans. no one downloads a fake av on purpose.anyone who uses the internet heard of the real security softwares.you download a trojan, don`t know what it does and the next thing you restart your system you see you are "protected" by one of these fake av`s.
    try using this little program:
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Remove-Fake-Antivirus.shtml

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.