PC MightyMax v9

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by emile77, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emile77

emile77 Registered Member

Hi ,
    some time ago , I installed a soft named 'PC MightyMax' which normally was able to repair some types of malwares , but it was very 'enoying' because of continuous alerts.
    I had some trouble to deinstall it completely (files , Register keys ...).
    Some days ago , I installed a soft to view and record TV named 'WinTV2000' , and its 'Scheduler' to program recordings , but , when I launch this one , a message is displayed : 'Please wait while Windows configures PC MightyMax v9' then an error : 'PC MightyMax v9 Internal Error 2718 (94D5AF0F-E6EE-4A75-BE31-9C9C9A87AD45)'.
    If I click on 'OK' twice , then the 'Scheduler' can be launched.
    It's the same each time I want to launch it.
    I've noticed also that another soft named 'CD Burner XP Pro 3' (to burn DVD's with data) , has the same problem when I try to launch it.
    I've searched for files , Register keys , processus which could contain 'PC MightyMax' or 'pcmm' without any result.
    I've searched on the net for other cases , and other guys have the same problem with the same error code after having installed this soft and discarded it , and there's no sastisfying solution.
    I should be very glad for any suggestion !!!
    I apologize for my 'english' not so fine , and thanks by advance ,
    emile

2. webster

webster Registered Member

3. emile77

Thanks , webster ,
    finally I've solved this problem :
    I've searched a Register key with 'sonbry' (which is the manufacturer of this vicius soft 'PC MightyMax') by means of 'RegSeeker' and found a key :
    F0FA5D49EE6E57A4EB13C9C9A978DA54
    then I've searched this key and suppress all entries (after having saved them for security purpose) , and now , the 2 softs which had the messages at the launch works fine immediatly.
    I hope it will solve problems for other guys having installed this 'rogue' soft.
    emile

4. webster

webster Registered Member

Good to hear, you got rid of this badware ;)

5. emile77

Thanks for the link , webster ,
    I didn't know about this badware when I installed it some time ago , from now on , I'll search on the net before downloading any soft for what is good or bad about it !!!
    emile

6. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.