PC Magazine AV Tests (blocking and removal) (31/1/2012)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by guest, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

That may be true,but if,as you infer,the test is biased toward Comodo;that makes WSA's showing all the more impressive.

2. STV0726

STV0726 Registered Member

No one has ever written anything up like this to my knowledge so I will because I think these should be categorized as such...

(Note that a few of these listings some might find a bit subjective, but I tried to sum up what I think most people on here would agree with. Everyone always has their own personal favorite testing organizations, but this is meant to represent validity and reliability based on the most important of values.)

*Class A Malware Testers - West Coast Labs, Virus Bulletin, ICSA Labs, NSS Labs, AV-Comparatives, AV-Test

*Class B Malware Testers - PC Magazine, Maximum PC, Matousec

-Malware Research Group-

*Class C Malware Testers - YouTube testers, Home testers, Most other magazines (that do not clearly document their testing procedure)

So why even bother considering Class C results? Popular decision.

I tend to agree with the forum administrators here that these results in many cases (maybe not all [think of Matt @ Remove-Malware]) should not really be considered as valid and/or reliable, but a lot of people on here wish to see results from all sources, so I bother to classify them since many will view them anyway.

---

Now for my response to these results from PC Magazine? PC Magazine tends to be one of the few mags that IT professionals read and can be trusted, at least for what it is worth. My only concern is, are those results showing Webroot scoring 100% across the board from a newer test, or was that the results from the original test Neil Rubenking performed when he reviewed Webroot months ago?

As always, I am waiting for more analysis by Class A testers. Hopefully by mid 2012, the light of Webroot shall be shining ever so brightly.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  3. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

I think WSA is about to get a lot of attention! Pretty impressive and the testing should reflect that.:thumb:

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I surprised that Webroot's new AV-compatible suite provided the best protection, and Comodo provided the best removal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.